So I have been doing a bang up job blogging, huh? In my defense, I have had a busy couple of weeks, working lots of double shifts to save money to move (cannot WAIT), and have been dealing with some logistical issues with getting my surgery scheduled.
When I last wrote, I had just had all of my appointments with the surgeon's office, and was all excited about scheduling my surgery for July 29th. I had some trouble getting what I thought were the necessary documents from my PCP's office, and knew there was no way I was going to be able to get everything submitted in time to make that surgery date.
I also had a conversation with my best friend, who has also had the surgery, and she brought up a really good point that it might not be the best idea to move a month after surgery. Her exact quote was "You could split your incision open, and then your guts would be flopping around!" While the conversation was laughing, she did make a good point, and I decided that between the PCP issues, and moving, it might be better to move it to September anyway.
I also finally got in touch with someone from insurance company, who went through my plan's specific requirements with me, and I don't think I'll have any trouble being approved. For my plan, I just need to be over 18 (check), BMI of >35 and 1 co-morbidity OR BMI of >40 (check), completed the 6 month supervised diet (check), and the psychologist evaluation (check). I spoke with the surgical coordinator, and passed on all of that information, so we went ahead and scheduled my surgery for September 23rd! Eeee!
I'm pretty excited, but there is so much to do beforehand. As I mentioned, I am moving in September, so I am working like a crazy person at my 2nd job to try to save the extra $$ I'll need, plus there's the stress of finding an apartment. Between that, my day job, spending time with my parents (especially my dad, who is undergoing treatment for gastro-esophageal cancer right now, I am sure I'll write more about that in future posts), and finding time for well, life...let's just say there's a lot going on!
I'm also going to try to go on a pre-surgery diet. I don't want to rely solely on the band to lose weight, and I am definitely going to have to change my habits afterwards anyway, so I want to make a start. I'd also like to start going to the gym at work. It's such a waste that I have it in my building, and I pay for it every week, but never go.
So that's my update. Hopefully it won't be almost a month again before I write again.


No comments:
Post a Comment