My Progress So Far!

My Progress So Far!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Approved!

So I guess when I said I hope it's not a month before I write again, i was either being psychic, or just know myself pretty well :)

Honestly, since I submitted all of my paperwork to the surgical coordinator, I haven't done much thinking (ok fine, obsessing) over the surgery. I did have my call with my case manager at the insurance co. a few weeks ago and she said she saw no problems, and there've been a few emails back and forth with the surgeon's office to set up pre-op, etc...but that's it. Until today!

My cell phone rang midday, and I saw it was from the hospital, so I picked up and it was the surgical coordinator and she said, "Good news, YOU'RE APPROVED!" I almost got a little teary.

At no point did I NOT think I was going to be approved, but I have been super stressed lately between trying to move, waiting to hear about this, working 2 jobs, etc etc etc. This is a huge relief. I've spent a year or so actively pursuing this, from when I first tried to attend a seminar last September.

Ironically, after changing my original surgery date because of moving, I am now going to be moving a month after surgery anyway. I wasn't able to find an apartment I liked for 9/1, and refuse to settle for something I don't love, so I am going to go stay with my parents in the Bronx for 2 months (which makes my mom happy, she was nervous about me being alone after surgery). It'll be a little chaotic, and kind of inconvenient, but hopefully worth it. I just put in an application for a beautiful apartment that I want with every fiber of my being for 11/1, so hopefully that turns into good news as well.

I'm finally going to start following some of the inspiring people I've seen around here, and will make sure to start saying hi on your blogs!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Band Buddy. I am being banded at the NYU practice in September as well. September 13 to be exact. Dr. Ren is my surgeon, but Dr. Kurian did one of the seminars that I attended.

    My insurance was submitted on Tuesday, and now I am just waiting. So nervous, but Nilsa seems think it will be fine. My pre-op starts on Monday.

    Let's keep in touch!

    Nicole
    http://bigfatbandjourney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower here. Congrats on getting approved! Best of luck to you.

    Sarah
    http://nwanonymom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sarah! I look forward to reading your blog as well :)

    ReplyDelete