The only good thing to come out of this is that I finally convinced my brother to come home to see my dad - my bro has not seen my dad since he was diagnosed, and he will be coming home to a completely different person. I've tried to prepare him, but there's just no way to do so.
My weight has gone up and down...while I was sick over New Year's, it was dropping every day. Once I started eating again, it was going back and forth over a range of 3 pounds. I did get another fill last week, which put me up to 7.5cc. I was so tight for a few days that I was considering going in for an unfill, but it turns out the combination of flying (more on that in a minute), plus a new fill, plus the impending TOM = Stuck-ville. I can actually eat again, so I think I am alright. Today I weighed in at 240 on the nose, which is 35 pounds down (once I got the scale to settle on a weight, it did go as low as 238.6, but I need to see a weight 2x in a row to count it). I met my mini goal, albeit a week late, but I'll take that.
I went to Atlanta last weekend with a few friends, and had a blast. Got lots of comments on how I'm looking, which was nice. I also met up with a friend last week for dinner, who I didn't tell about surgery, and of course I got stuck about 1/8 of the way through my meal. He of course commented, and I just said that I had had surgery and didn't eat very much anymore. He's not the type to go researching, or think further into it. Maybe once I lose a bit more, he'll start questioning it again, but I don't see him all that often, and he's frankly not that observant!
The lovely Read over at My Trek Downward has nominated me for a blog award, The Stylish Blogger Award! Thanks very much Read, I will have to catch up on your blog!

Here are 7 things about me (I apologize if any of these are repeats from previous blog awards, but I can't remember?):
*I was born and raised in NYC, and would give anything to live somewhere else. I was all set to move to Los Angeles in 2010, but then my father was diagnosed, so I decided to wait. I have a 5 year plan to be out there. I love LA, because it's another big city, but it's a driving city! I love to drive. Right now, their weather is looking pretty attractive as well, not gonna lie.
*I have 12 tattoos, and you wouldn't know I even had 1 if I didn't want you to. They are all strategically placed :) They are (in order of when they were done): a moon and stars on my left breast, a lizard crawling up my left lower back, an angel on my right shoulder blade, a butterfly landing on a rose on my left foot, song lyrics in the center of my upper back, a heart on my right foot, song lyrics (in the artist's handwriting - he is my fave person) circling my right ankle, a music note the same artist drew for me on my left ankle, a pink ribbon for breast cancer on my right wrist, a 2 parter of song lyrics that starts on my right upper inner arm, and continues to the left arm, and then finally, a periwinkle ribbon for gastro-esophageal cancer on my left wrist.
*I am the youngest of 3 children, but I totally play the role of the oldest. My brother is the oldest, and he moved away about 12 years ago, across the country, and has not kept in touch or been as present in our lives and I think he should have been.
*I have a crazy sense of direction. I love maps and like knowing where things are, and I regularly end up giving directions in cities I don't live in - to people who do!!!
*I fly a lot. I am an Elite member of my preferred airline's frequent flier program.....and I don't travel for work.
My favorite show ever is Buffy the Vampire Slayer, followed very closely by its spin-off, Angel...then followed by My So-Called Life. I think I want to be a teenager forever. Too bad I'm in my 30s.
*I love love love to cook, and document it. I've been throwing small dinner parties over the past few years, and taking photos of the food and putting albums on FB. Several people have suggested I go to culinary school. While I would love to do this, I am way too picky of an eater to be a chef :( There are too many things I won't try.
Whew, this has been a long post! Sorry for being so wordy, hopefully with things calming down with my dad, I will be around more. I HAVE been reading faithfully, just haven't had much in me for commenting. I promise to try to be better about this.


I'm sorry you're dealing with this new stuff with your dad but thrilled your brother is going to come into town.
ReplyDeleteGreat list!
I understand how you are feeling about your Dad. I know it's a tough, emotional situation, and I have one word of advice -if you want it. Have no regrets. If you need to have a conversation -have it. If you want to hold his hand and tell him you love him - do it and say it! These are my regrets. I would give anything to look into his blue eyes and tell him I love him, just one more time. I still think of things I want to ask him. I'm glad your brother is coming home. I hope you have support from him. Goo luck with everything. I enjoyed reading your list.
ReplyDelete