My Progress So Far!

My Progress So Far!

Friday, June 1, 2012

I Ran 10 Minutes Straight!

Just a quickie to report that. And actually, I ran 10 minutes, walked 5, then ran another 10. Oh, and then I got off the t'mill, and had a major case of the lightheads. Apparently watching me walk across the gym to the next set of torture devices was hilarious, since it looked like Trainer was going to pee himself, or at the very least strain something, he was laughing so hard. Evil, I tell ya.

As far as the "move on to Week 5 or repeat Week 4" dilemma, we decided I should repeat Week 4. He still thinks I can do the big scary 20 minte run at the end of Week 5, and I tend to agree, but I am not ready mentally. So we did the 10 minute run today...I'll do Week 4 again next week, and we'll probably do a 15 minute run or something like that next Friday, THEN I think I'll be ready for Week 5. Yikes.

Apparently, I'm allowed to call myself a runner now, since I ran for 20 minutes, run 4 times a week, and have had 2 running injuries (knees crapped out and a bruised toenail). So, uh...I'm a runner? OK, then...

I'm headed back to the gym for a stretch session. It's the only thing that makes him kicking my ass regularly worth it, I swear..!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Inspiring, as I hope to do couch to 5k soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being a runner. I'm scared to run. What the secret trick to actually LIKE it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, that is awesome! You are inspiring me to run too!

    ReplyDelete