I finished Week 4 of C25k today. This week's runs were all the same: 5 min walk to warm up, run for 3 minutes, walk for 90 seconds, run for 5 minutes, walk for 2.5 minutes, run 3, walk 90, run 5, cool down for 5 minutes. On Day 1, I did the runs at the speed I've been doing all of the other weeks (~5.2mph)...and it was HARD. I had to double the walks just to catch my breath. On Day 2, my trainer happened to be at the gym when I was getting ready to start my workout, and I mentioned to him that I'd doubled the walks...and he urged me not to, and to follow the program. (Methinks he's just looking for another running buddy!) He suggested dropping the speed to about 4.7mph. Well, surprise, surprise...it was much easier, and I was able to do the prescribed run/walk intervals. Today I did Day 3, and it was wayyyy easier. I was pretty impressed with myself.
Which brings me to Week 5...with its dreaded 20 minute run. I'm so scared of this run that I'm considering repeating Week 4 to just get another week of base training before I try to tackle it. I'm going to run it by Trainer tomorrow during our session...but I know he's going to tell me to try it. What does he know, silly athlete?
In my last blog, I mentioned that I was going to not focus on the number on the scale for a while. I'm still weighing during this time...but not letting it get me down. Since I've shifted to focusing on making sure my input and output are on track...I'm hoping that it all falls into place from there.
Hope everyone is having a great week!
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment