My Progress So Far!

My Progress So Far!

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Great Workout Week!!!

I totally kicked some major ass in the gym this week. I felt the need to post about it. Don't mind my bragging.

Sunday: C25k W3D1, as part of a 53 min t'mill workout (506 cal) Monday: T'mill 38 min (313 cal) Tuesday: Yoga 1 hour (285 cal), C25k W3D2, as part of 1 hour t'mill workout (693 cal), Strength Training 35 min (245 cal) Wednesday: Private Pilates session 55 min (226 cal) Thursday: C25k W3D3, as part of a 40 min t'mill workout (355 cal) Friday: Personal Training session, 125 min, included 1:45 cardio and 40 min of weights (1033 cal), Yoga 1 hour (376 cal)

Saturdays are always my day off, so my workout week goes Sunday to Friday. This week, I checked into the gym 8 times in 6 days. Yeah me! Next week's plan is the same (Week 4 of C25k), and adding a yoga class and Pilates mat class on Sunday.

Weight this week was up...I decided for the next few weeks, I'm going to not focus on the number on the scale, and focus on fueling my body properly and moving it a whole lot. I've definitely got the second part of that down...but need to work on the first a bit.

Running is going well, since a slight setback with my knees a few weeks ago. They still twinge, but not badly enough to stop me. I'm pretty stubborn! Luckily, my trainer is a runner, and keeps a close eye on me to make sure I don't go too far. Next week the runs get a little longer, and then in Week 5, I'm supposed to run 20 min straight. That seems bananas to me, so I sent the training schedule to my trainer, and he's going to play with it a little to build it to that gradually. I think I'll definitely be repeating a few weeks in the program. At this point, it's 50/50 physical/mental. The short runs are easy physically but I still have to pump myself up to do them. The longer runs are tougher, obviously...during a 5 minute run today I thought I'd die around minute 4...but pushed through and made it to the end. I'm not sure I like running yet...but I do like feeling accomplished afterward...so I'll at least get to the 5k, and then we'll see from there. Plus I think it'd break my trainer's heart if I quit on him...so I'll keep at it for now.

Other than that...not much else going on! Keeping busy with the gym, school and the few nights a week I'm working at the club. Looking for a day job hardcore, and hoping something happens soon.

Hope everyone is well...enjoy the holiday weekend!!!

xoxo Liz

2 comments:

  1. Week 5 was my undoing too on that program, I was doing really well before that too. Would love to know what your trainer comes up with as a modification! You are doing great with all your workouts. Congrats :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing the right thing repeating weeks of the C25k. I did it a couple of times. You have to build that base endurance up slowly! You will burst with pride the first time you hit 20 mins, I promise!

    ReplyDelete