My Progress So Far!

My Progress So Far!

Saturday, May 12, 2012

I'm Not Dead!!!

Wow. Two months since I've posted or read blogs. BAD ME!!! I've been thinking of you all every day, but you know how it goes, the longer you go without doing something...the harder it is to get back to it. So where the hell have I been? Well, right here on my couch, I guess. Oh, and at the gym. Definitely not at work. School has been kicking my ass. And in turn, I'm kicking its ass right back. My grades for my first 2 classes, Business Communications & Critical Thinking and Conversational Spanish I, were A- and A respectively. I'm in my 3rd class, Business Computing Applications, and it's boring the shit out of me, so I'm losing focus. But today I have vowed to get back on track. The gym is still going really, really, really well. Who knew that once I got off my ass and actually started working out that I would grow to love it so damn much??? I'm still going to the gym 5-6 days per week, and even some days, getting in a 2-a-day. I've been doing Pilates, walking, lifting weights, and recently started running and doing yoga. I tweaked my knees running the other day, which means this week has been a waste for cardio, so yesterday my trainer introduced me to the rowing machine, and we decided to go to another location of the gym next week and he's going to give me a swim lesson (I know how to swim, but it's been years since I did laps, and have never done so for the purpose of exercise, which I would guess is a bit different than floating around a pool!) Running has been a slow curve, but my trainer is a running coach and marathon runner, so I'm in good hands with him. I am in love with yoga, I just started doing it a few weeks ago and I want to do it every day! Weight loss has been non existent. Logically I know that I'm putting on a lot of muscle, so that even while I look slimmer, I'm not necessarily burning as much fat. I'm hoping that will come soon - and that I'm establishing the foundation for that. I can't deny that my diet has been crap, as well. I got way off track with my "tracking" (no pun intended), and every time I try to get back on track, I lose focus pretty quickly. (See a recurring theme here?) I've been pretty checked out in lots of ways, I guess. Still looking for a job. Not getting anywhere with that. Well, that's it for this rant. I'm going to try to catch up on some blogs and see what I've missed. I'll be back soon, I promise, and maybe with some pictures! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. We need some pics and a recap from your vaca to the Outer Banks! I saw some on FB, but I need to live vicariously. :)

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete