Sunday, July 22, 2012
I'm a Bad Blogger!!!
Hello all my little lovies!
Well. I stink as a blogger lately. I've got the same old story. I'm reading...blahblahblah...haven't been commenting...blahblahblah...seems like blog-land overall has gotten quieter. I'm making it a commitment to not only start blogging more often myself, but actually post the comments that pop into my head when I read all of your blogs.
With that said...what's new with me?
Well, the biggest news is that I got a job!!! No more lounging on my couch all day. I'm working for a media company, supporting 2 sales teams, and basically helping run the office. They're paying me to be bossy and organize things. Perfect. It's been really good so far, everyone is really fun, and I like it a lot. There's a few paths I'm thinking about, to see what kind of advancement opportunities are possible...but that's all a bit down the road.
Running is going really, really, really well. I'd have to go back and check to see where I was in C25k the last time I posted, but I finished it a few weeks ago. I was running the full 30 minutes, but not hitting the 5k distance (3.1 miles) because I was still running pretty slow. So, Trainer and I decided that before he got all happy with training plans, I'd work my way up to that. Tonight I did 3.01 miles...so I'd guess sometime this week I'll hit the official 5k mark (3 miles took me 40 minutes, 42 or so should get me to 3.1). I'm a real runner now, guys! Woo! Who would have thought even a few months ago that I'd be running?? Not me, that's for damn sure.
The gym is also still going really well. I was a bit worried about how I was going to continue my very ambitious gym schedule once I started working, and while it's been a little bit of a challenge, for the most part, I'm keeping up with it. On average, I'm running 4x a week, lifting weights 1x a week with Trainer, doing Pilates 1x a week, and doing yoga 1-2x a week. I'd like to lift 2x, Pilates 2x, yoga 2x, and run 5x, but until I upgrade my gym membership to access all of the locations, that doesn't seem likely.
I haven't weighed myself in weeks. Probably at least six. The last time I did, when my weight was stagnant at 222.1 for the umpteenth week in a row, and I almost Frisbee'd my scale out the window, I decided a break was in order. The break has been good, because I've been focusing on my fitness and just trying to eat well. In that time, I know for sure I've lost a lot of inches. I look slimmer and and feel better...so I've decided the break is over. Now, I just have to remember to weigh myself on Thursday, since I've gotten so out of the habit!
My band is being finicky lately...no rhyme or reason to when it's going to act up. Pretty annoying. I'm going on vacation for 9 days in August, and haven't seen Dr K since March, so I decided to get an unfill for a bit. So next week I have an appt for that - not going to completely unfill, but I'm planning on taking out at least 1cc. I don't remember where I am right now, 7.7cc, maybe?
Since I wasn't working, I didn't want to commit to BOOBS, and then possibly have to back out and screw someone else over. Now that I do have a job again, registration is closed :( I sent an email to the planners asking them to keep me in mind if anyone backs out...so hopefully I can make an appearance!!!
That's all I've got for now...I promise to do a better job being active 'round these parts!
xoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


welcome back! I need to get my gym motivation back myself. Been slacking. Tomorrow my banded buddy and I are going to adult swim time in the lower east side at the public pool. I find this is always a good way for me to get in added exercise that doesn't really feel like exercise. Are you running outside in the city?? If so, hats off to you, this humidity is the worst!
ReplyDeleteHope you're able to go! So glad to hear from ya on here, been following your C25K stuff on fb. Super proud of you! :)
ReplyDelete