My Progress So Far!

My Progress So Far!

Saturday, February 26, 2011

BYOC and Stuff

Let's start with BYOC..

1. Are you a heavy or light sleeper?

Both, if that makes sense? I am a fairly light sleeper out of my comfort zone (not at home, or if someone is there who I am not used to). In my comfort zone, I would be able to sleep through a nuclear attack, I'm pretty sure. One thing is for sure...I loves me my sleep. (In fact, I am blogging later than I planned to because I took one look at my bed and decided a nap was in order!)

2. If you were made into a professor for a day, what topic would you lecture on?

Hmm, this is a good one! Maybe etiquette! Living in NYC, it blows my mind how many people are out there who are just plain rude. (Maybe stupid, but definitely at least rude).

3. What’s a skill you’ve always wanted that you don’t currently have?

I would LOVE to have some sort of creative skill. I am not creative at all...I'm good at taking other people's ideas and making them happen, but not at coming up with the idea itself. Which means anything creative leaves me kind of out.

4. Have you ever been in a real cat fight?

When I was young (5 or 6), I would get into raging battles with one of the neighbor kids, and I am pretty sure I tried to strangle her once...oops. I'm also the youngest of 3 kids, so I definitely got into my share of scraps at home. Outside of that, I've never gotten into a physical fight with another woman...I did have a guy best friend as a teenager who I would physically fight with all of the time...like brawl for hours. I think it may have been misplaced hormones (well, I knew where mine were, anyway..)

Like Read, people tend to be intimidated by me....probably both due to my size, and my "I don't take any shit" attitude...so I guess it just doesn't tend to escalate to physicality. I'm pretty sure I could hold my own if it came down to it ;-)

5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in real life and in blog land.

In real life...I started my new job this week, which was exciting. If for no other reason than it got me back into a routine. I haven't been able to spend as much time with my mom as I would like, but I've been talking to her every day. She's going back to work next week, which I think will be very difficult at first but again, will provide a distraction.

In blog land...I didn't have much time to read blogs because I didn't have a computer at work for a few days, and my home internet is out (I'm currently stealing someone's WiFi...shh!). I did finally get back online today, and was able to catch up!

In weight news...I weighed in last week at 235.4 (up .4 from the previous week), and this week at 234.4. Since I am back at work, I am getting back into my vitamin routine (I take a chewable multi-V, 800iu of calcium, 5200iu of Vitamin D, 5000mcg of Biotin, and a sub-lingual B-12), and my water routine. I am also planning to start going back to the gym at work, I mentioned it to my new boss and he was really supportive of the idea. They have classes, so I am going to try a Zumba class and see how I do....and I also researched some places for Zumba near my apartment. I'm going to start slow, since there are no classes next week, so if I can get there 2x, and just walk on the treadmill, I'll take it as a win.

There's been a lot of discussion about exercise on the blogs recently...I specifically decided to not go too crazy with exercise in the first few months of this journey. I have a tendency to throw myself into things too quickly, and then get overwhelmed and stop doing everything. I think I have the eating side of it down (well, what works for me, anyway)...so now I'm ready to start incorporating the other side. Plus, I'm really jealous of everyone else's fitness!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Liz, I am so sorry about your dad. Forgive me for not finding out sooner...obviously, I have been a bad reader and blogger. Your dad was so young....I will keep you all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete