I haven't blogged this week, nor have I commented too much because I'm in a funk (been reading faithfully as always, tho!) I am feeling all blah. It's definitely affecting my eating/loss (what a shocker..) I weighed 236.4 yesterday and was so bummed about it, I didn't blog, or update my ticker...(I will do that after I post this). I've been going back and forth between 232 and 236 for about 2 months now. Most of the blame for that lies with me...I am definitely eating too much, and too much of THAT is bad stuff. I'm also not doing ANY exercise.
I just can't seem to find motivation. I look in the mirror, and while I'm happy with the progress I've made, I see how far I have to go. You'd think that would do it...but nope. I still don't get off my butt to go to the gym at work...or to activate my unlimited month of Bikram...or do anything active, really. Part of it is lack of free time (working 2 jobs leaves me precious little of that), but that's not an excuse. Plenty of people have busy lives, and manage to include exercise. That just tells me that they WANT it, so they make it happen. How do I make myself want it?
I have an appt for another fill on the 29th, which I think might help with the eating a bit. I don't want to be so tight that I can't eat anything, but I feel like I can eat anything these days. I know the onus is on me to really pay attention to whether or not I'm actually hungry, and to not eat if I'm not...so I need to do better with that too. I also want to ask Dr K about my port...it has been feeling super sore lately.
My cruise leaves 5 months from tomorrow. I had visions of being either at goal, or at least 100 lbs down by then. That's clearly not going to happen, unless I lose a leg or something :) Here's just hoping I have made a bit more progress by then, since I'll hit my one year bandiversary on the cruise (specifically in Marseilles, I think!)
Any care to share what motivates you when you hit a slump?? I need some help here.


Well number one I think a fill will help for sure. Innate feeling like I am in a slump. But when I am in it I don't do what needs to be done. Doing little positive things help me. Fornexample I might get my calendar out and plain my meals for the week and the put at least one day of exercising in. I try hard to stick to it. I guess writing it down helps me stay motivated.
ReplyDeleteSo jealous of your unlimited bikram yoga classes. Wish I could take a class with you!
Any weight loss before the cruise will be a good thing. I know it is frustrating going up and down, but exercise does make all the difference.
ReplyDeleteI hope you can recover and climb out of your slump. I hate them. Have no advice for you other than to just keep on keeping on. I guess one thing, try a new activity. I find that even 10 minutes of brisk activity can change my entire energy level and outlook.
ReplyDelete