My Progress So Far!

My Progress So Far!

Friday, December 9, 2011

Where Have I Been?!

Yikes. My last blog was October 13. What the hell, Liz?! I'm pretty sure I have actually been in denial that I even have a lap band for the last 2 months, based on how I've been eating and the scale. I know it's there though - it likes to remind me fairly often. Fun.

Anyhoo. I'll have to go back and read my last few blogs to see what was going on right before I went *poof*, but based on the date, it's right before a pretty major bout of depression hit me. I can't remember if I shared this or not, but earlier in the year, I decided to preventatively go on anti-depressants. I was feeling okay about everything that had happened with my dad, but thought they couldn't hurt. Well, with all of the traveling I did in September and October, I got wayyy off schedule, and basically just stopped taking all of my meds. Without the lovely cushion they were providing, along with some other stuff that's been going on, things got pretty dark. When I get depressed, I do a total retreat. I don't leave my house, I don't go to work, I don't talk to anyone, etc. I'm happy to say that I've been back on my meds for well over a month now, and there's a huge difference. Whew!

So let's see - what can I update you all on?

Weight - crappy here. I never made it to my appt with Dr K back in October, and haven't scheduled one since. Which means no fill since Sept. And I'm home all day now (more on that later), so I get bored and snacky. Right now I'm hovering about 7 lbs over my lowest (224.6). Yesterday's weight was 231.8....sigh. I'm going to call today and see if I can get in to see Dr. K sometime next week. I STILL have not started yoga - but now that I have more time, I am just waiting until I can get in for a first timer's class (the location near me only does them on Sunday right now which hasn't worked for me).

Work - my position got eliminated AGAIN. My last day was about 3 weeks ago - Nov 17. I still get paid until mid-January, and have until the end of this month to apply for new positions, but it's not looking good. There have been very few positions in NY, and since I live in Manhattan and don't have a car, I'm kind of limited to the city office. The suburban ones are difficult to get to, and it would have to be a big pay increase to justify getting a car. Soo, that's kind of stressful. I do have some time, and I'm planning as if I won't find something with my current company, but it's not fun.

For the second time in 2 weeks, I woke up to sad news via Facebook. Last week, a comedian who I've known for as long as I've worked at the club, which is a VERY long time, passed away. He was pretty well known, and had been ill for a few weeks, but it's so sad. Last night, a member of a band that I spent quite a bit of time with passed away. I'm still not sure what happened, and the band hasn't been together for several years, but it's still so sad. Just more evidence to support my theory that 2011 sucks.

OK, I'm going to do my best to catch up on what blogs I can. Since I've been MIA for almost 2 months, I'm not sure I'll be able to do that. But I do promise to be a better blogger! <3 to all.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. So sorry for your losses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been a bit MIA too! Thinking of you though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back, and glad to here are feeling better. But I am sorry to hear of your recent losses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Missed you Liz! Glad you're on your meds and feeling better. Don't worry about catching up on blogs if it's overwhelming. Just start fresh :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second what Becky said. I've missed you, love ya girly!

    Hope things start getting better after your losses, I would hate 2011 to have been a total bust. :(

    ReplyDelete