Just checking in to say hello for beautiful Los Angeles. I don't want to come home.
Everyone I have seen so far has commented on the weight loss so far, saying that they can really see it. It's nice ot see people who don't see you every day, I think they notice it a lot more.
Being here means going out to eat, and so I've had some side effects. Last night I want and got Mexican with my friend L, and got chicken fajitas. I ate a piece of flour tortilla, and think it was trying to come back up, I felt it all bubbling around my esophagus and the back of my throat. We weren't sitting far from the bathroom, and I just decided to sit and let it do what it was going to do - after a few minutes it seemed to resolve itself. I ate some more, but very cautiously, just had some more chicken and veggies, but no more tortilla.
After getting some drinks with my friend Sam and his friends last night, we went to eat at Canter's Deli afterward (a diner/Jewish deli type place). I ordered egss, bacon and toast. Well, my standard MO is to dip the toast in my yolks, then eat the eggs. I definitely must have been eating too fast, and not chewing well enough, because I got stuck. That shit HURTS. I sat for a few more minutes hoping it'd get better but it wasn't, so I excused myself to go to the bathroom (Sam was the only person at the table who knew about the band), and went to see if it wanted to come out. It didn't, but the walking around helped. I was able to go back and eat some more of the eggs and some more bacon, but not much.
I think eating after a few drinks is definitely going to have to have all bread things excluded - the eggs and bacon probably would have been fine by themselves, but the toast really did me in.
I'm off to have lunch with some of my wonderful friends here - then to see their band play. Fun fun fun!


Our worlds connect again. Mason Canter has been a friend of mine for years. He is good friends with my best friend in LA. I am so jealous that you were out there. I am shooting for March next year for a trip. We have to try to go at the same time. How are things otherwise? I have a fill with Frank on Friday. I really think I only need a tiny bit.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I say we have drinks followed by a no bread dinner in NYC sometime soon. Email me.