Earlier today, when I was eating my potato soup, there was a single chunk of potato in it (not a big fan of my parents' stick blender, so I didn't get them all)....and I ate it. It was mushy, and went down fine.
(That's not the confession...)
There have been ice cream sandwiches in the freezer for a few days now (all geared towards the "Fatten Dad Up" campaign which is ongoing)...I loves me some ice cream sandwiches. After thinking about them (a LOT) today, I decided to try one out. Very small bites, chew very well, and throw it out if I experienced any discomfort or pain while eating it. My theory was that the ice cream would obviously be no problem, and that since the cookie part is usually pretty mushy, as long as I chewed it well, it wouldn't be an issue either.
I think I was testing myself, basically because I think I am good to move to mushies. It was very frustrating to me that Dr. K said no, especially since I was definitely expecting her to say yes.
Whaddya know - it went down fine. One of those bad boys would normally take me approximately 30 seconds to eat, this took around 5 minutes.
And I don't feel bad about it.
With that said - I know in all of the rules it says not to advance yourself...but I really think I am ready for at least "really" mushy foods....eggs, pudding, cottage cheese? Opinions?


Congratulations on your progress, especially in the minefield that is your parents' kitchen! I can't wait to see you on Monday.
ReplyDeleteAnd dude, Sam moved to LA?! Godlight productions just won't be the same now if we can't swoon over him throughout the entire play...lol. :(
been there. done that. Don't feel bad. We all need to get to know our new stomachs.
ReplyDeleteHey Lady!
ReplyDeleteWelcome welcome to band land! I just saw your comment on Nicole's blog and had to come by and say hey! You sound like you're doing awesome so far, and good for you for the ice-cream sandwich - you deserve some calories and yumminess!
Who is your favourite band that you're seeing soon?
X
Angie
Hi Liz! I just found your blog and look forward to following you on your journey!
ReplyDeleteI think you are doing fine but be careful with those eggs! Eggs sound so innocent and yet for me at least, if I attempt them too early in the morning, stuck! Always. So just go slow and find your problem foods as you go. Welcome!
Thanks for your comment, Liz. And I just read your blog, so thanks for that shout out as well. I'm trying to plan a bandster meet up soon, on a weekend morning, so let me know if you are interested!
ReplyDeleteAnd I think we all test ourselves. I screwed myself with a few shreds of cheese i put on onion soup - worse pain EVER! So take it easy and remember that cheese and eggs are more dangerous than you think. My idea became only something that would dissolve in water.
Today was officially scrambled egg day!! How was it??
ReplyDeleteSorry I have been such an absent band buddy. I tend to turn inwards when things aren't going well and hiding. I'm going to stop that!!
You sound like you are doing great. Because we have some weird kismet thing going on, I'll mention that I also have tons of friends in LA and one of my big NSVs is going out there and showing off a big loss. I am thinking January. Maybe we can fly together. Two tiny girls, who can sit comfortably next to each other on the plane without hips pushing up the armrests.
You sound like you are doing great!.. I think we all test ourselves.. I know I defiantly do sometimes.
ReplyDeleteLOL...Next time i come to LI, I will bring an extra box of RC treat cereal for you...or maybe I shouldn't!!
ReplyDelete