My Progress So Far!

My Progress So Far!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

One Week Post Op!

I am officially one week post op today, and I definitely feel much better than I did the past few days. My incisions are the only thing that still actually hurt (and mainly just my port incision). Back pain is almost all gone, and I am a lot perkier. So thanks for all of the sympathetic noises after my last whiny post - it really did help, and I promise to (try to) whine less.

I've been a daily weigher since the beginning of pre-op, but am only counting Thursday weigh ins. While I've been pretty happy with the daily loss I've been seeing, I am happy to report that the number today was 257.8, which is down a total of 17.2 overall (3 weeks), and 10.2 since surgery (1 week). I know it's because I am getting very few calories, and that as soon as I can move to mushies, this will probably slow down, and maybe even stop with solids. I am ok with that I guess...I knew what I was getting myself into (Bandster Hell!), and am relying on my early loss to carry me through. 17 pounds is still 17 pounds.

I had my post-op with Dr. K yesterday, and she said everything looks good. I was hoping and praying for clearance for mushies today...but alas, she is standing strong at 10 days. She did say I could go to thicker liquids, since I have been hungry (so tomorrow I am going to try some thin Cream of Wheat). I guess that means Sunday I will be planning on waking up and eating the best scrambled eggs ever (weirdly enough, that's been my biggest craving - scrambled eggs). I also made my first fill appointment, for 10/18. Not sure how aggressive Dr. K is, but they want to see me every 3 weeks for the first few months, so even if each fill isn't very aggressive, I have high hopes that we'll get there quickly.

I made a big batch of potato cheese soup the other night to give me some variety (really have no interest in tomato soup for a while, no matter how good it is), and that's added an important facet of life back in - pooping. Man, never thought I would be so happy to poop a little every day. Yeah yeah, TMI - but I've reading all of your blogs - you can handle it! ;-)

A few things popped up today that I am definitely excited to show off some loss at - first in about 3 weeks, I am heading to LA for the weekend. I have a ton of friends in LA, love it there, and try to get there about 4 times a year. It's hard for me to go for weekends, since I am usually working, but since I am off from the night job for a while, and should be healed enough from surgery, I thought it was good timing. I will obviously be seeing a lot of people who might notice the loss more quickly than those who see me often, but I ALSO get to see my baby, Sam. Sam is a dear dear friend of mine who just moved there a few weeks ago, and I already miss him desperately. Despite his model good looks (no, really, he is a model and an actor), he is quite possibly the nicest guy on the planet. We've pledged to get married when I am 34 and he is 30. Please move faster, time :) Anyway, I am very excited to see him, and see his reaction.

Second, in about 5 weeks, one of my favorite bands is playing in NYC. They haven't been here in over a year, and though I've seen a few of the members over the past year, it'll be fun to go out and show off a (sort of) new shape, even if it's just a little smaller. One of my favorite things to do is go see an amazing band play (you'll hear a lot more about this in the future I am sure - I have seen my favorite artist play 100 times, in 25 states and 4 countries!), and it's been a few months since I saw a show, so it's a two-for-one, as far as I am concerned! Plus, I'll be all moved into my new apartment (God, I can't wait, altho being at home with my parents right now has been a blessing).

I am FINALLY caught up on everyone's blogs who have been kind enough to follow me - again, if you are following me, and I am not following you, please please please leave a comment with your blog link...some people I could not find a link to their blog so have been unable to follow back.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really glad your feeling better!!! The first 10 days after surgery all I wanted was some scrambled egg! I don't even like eggs that much, but boy were they good!!

    As far as fills are concerned I have only had I fill so far and I have 6.5cc ...I think. I should really writ it down next time. (I have the bigger AP band btw) Dr K put 3.2 in during surgery and the rest just in that one fill. So I guess thats pretty aggressive. She said I would definitely need one more fill .. maybe two. to be completely honest since getting the first fill and up until about a week and a half ago I really haven't gotten very hungry except right before a meal. I hope your fill helps... and whatever restriction you may have last for a while!!!!!

    ReplyDelete