My Progress So Far!

My Progress So Far!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 5 - Making Some Changes

Wow, I can't believe I am already at day 5 of this God-awful pre-op diet. I think I read on someone's else's blog this weekend (from back when they were doing the diet) - that they bitterly regretted ever saying that they couldn't wait until they were doing the 2 week, all liquids diet. I hear ya, sister. I said it many times leading up to this and I will never say it again!

With that said - I totally lied when i said I wasn't going to cheat any more. LIED. Some were very minor, one was a total freakout. No need to go into details, but suffice it to say, that I have not been bale to stick to the surgeon's orders on any single day of this so far!!! So I decided, in order to avoid another major meltdown that involves Golden Arches - a few tweaks need to be made.

With that admission out of the way, I am going to swap one of the shakes (Carnation IB in my case, so I am allowed 6) for a Greek yogurt. It's the same calories, a scootch less fat, a teensy bit more protein, and keeps me feeling full MUCH longer. I am also going to double my veggie allowance to 4 cups a day (dr said 2, but I don't see how eating more steamed non-starchy veggies could hurt). Then I'll allow myself a string cheese sometime during the day, and a slice of this really great vermont cheddar at night (pre-sliced so no wiggle room in serving size). I am cutting out the broth, because all it does is slosh around in my tummy and make me hungrier. I'm going to up the water a bit (altho it's pretty high already - a typical day is 3 liters). Hopefully these minor changes will be enough to keep me on the (mostly) straight and (sort of) narrow. I'd rather plan in a little less rigidity, then freak out, and go to McD's for 8 chicken McNuggets and a double cheeseburger (errr, not that that happened....)

I can officially say that my surgery is next week now. Can't wait! It means I need to get a little more organized at work, so I don't leave anything hanging for the colleague who will be covering for me in my absence.

One teeny request - everyone send good luck vibes to Nicole over at A Little Bit Less of Me, she is having her surgery today! Yay Nicole! Can't wait 'til I get to join you in the club, and sending you big virtual (but gentle) hugs!!!

6 comments:

  1. Thinking good thoughts for Nicole!!!

    I'm so excited for you! YAY Next week will be here so fast! Just keep up with what your doing .. I know you can do it! I remember pre- op sucked... I cried a few times... but I promise It gets sooo much better!

    also ..I think we have the same surgeon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had broth ONCE when I was on liquids before and then after surgery. Nasty. I think your plan sounds good. I lucked out because my surgeon only required a low carb/high protein the 2 weeks prior to my surgery. I lost 10 lbs, but I know people who are on the liquid only lose a lot more. Good luck. You must be excited/nervous to have it so close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it, pre op won't last forever and it gets way better! Good thoughts for you and Nicole.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup! We defiantly do have the same surgeon!.. i love her I think she's great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it!!!!! Just one day at a time and before you know it surgery will be here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you get a chance my gal - I nominated you for an award over at my place. (http://thebandedlady.blogspot.com/)

    Thanks for your support and your wonderful blog. Good luck on the very near future!

    ReplyDelete