Whew. Week one of pre-op diet was rough rough rough. A lot of people said by Day 3, they weren't as hungry....this was not the case for me. I thought it would never go away! But thankfully by Day 8 (yesterday), I found I actually wasn't that hungry and even ended up skipping a shake. Hard to believe I only have 6 days 'til the day of surgery! Everyone keeps asking me if I'm nervous, and I have to say - no!!!! Impatient and excited, but nervous, no. I did lose almost 5 lbs already on pre-op, even with TOM making an appearance today, and with my little cheats, so I am hoping to get down a few more before Thursday, which is the big day.
I am almost caught up on everyone's blogs, and do apologize for how long it's taken me to follow some of you back! If I am not following you back yet - please leave a comment with your blog link! I couldn't find some people's actual blogs. However, I did get a new toy this week, a brandy new MacBook Pro (I am a total Apple geek) which I want to spend lots of time playing with, so I will probably be online a lot more in the next few weeks! Plus I love typing on the keyboard (much bigger than my old Macbook) so you'll be getting lots of blogs from me, I am sure.
Onto my first BYOC! How exciting!
1. Last week we asked your favorite thing about being an adult. This week the question is: what is one thing you miss about being a child?
I am almost caught up on everyone's blogs, and do apologize for how long it's taken me to follow some of you back! If I am not following you back yet - please leave a comment with your blog link! I couldn't find some people's actual blogs. However, I did get a new toy this week, a brandy new MacBook Pro (I am a total Apple geek) which I want to spend lots of time playing with, so I will probably be online a lot more in the next few weeks! Plus I love typing on the keyboard (much bigger than my old Macbook) so you'll be getting lots of blogs from me, I am sure.
Onto my first BYOC! How exciting!
1. Last week we asked your favorite thing about being an adult. This week the question is: what is one thing you miss about being a child?
Definitely summers off! Even though things do slow down for me at work during the summer, what with people going on vacations, etc - I still have to wake up early, which is NOT something I am a fan of.
2. When you make a serious life decision – do you use your head or your heart?
Always my heart (which may or may not have the best results)...and then I use my head to figure out how the hell I am going to make it happen. I am known in my circle of friends for making insane decisions, and then somehow always pulling it off, so I guess I have a pretty good system going!
3. In relation to blogs….are you a never commenter, a sometimes commenter, an almost always commenter or a direct emailer kinda person?
Can I add a new category in between sometimes and almost always, called usually? I try to comment a decent amount of the time, but sometimes I don't have anything to really offer, and I don't want to be trite.
4. If life was a flavor – would it be savory, sweet or sour?
Savory. Served with grilled onions, lol.
5. Repeat question. Summarize your week in life or in blogland.
My week - well, as I said above, just been trying to get through pre-op. Working my last shifts at the night job for a few weeks, and trying to get everything done at day job. I also applied for a new position at day job, which is a level up in both title and salary, so I am crossing my fingers that something happens there!


Pre-op is the worst time of this whole journey. It will be over before you know it and you will be on the other side of all this.
ReplyDeleteAgreed, the pre-op diet is no fun...but totally worth it! Hang in there :)
ReplyDeleteHang in there - it will be THE day before you know it! I was just banded last Thursday and just found you. I'm looking forward to following you!
ReplyDeleteGood luck on your surgery! :) Thanks for your comment and I can't wait til we are on the other side either, only hours away :)
ReplyDeleteJust in case I don't get to talk to you tomorrow, BEST OF LUCK ON THURSDAY! You'll be in my prayers! :)
ReplyDelete