My Progress So Far!

My Progress So Far!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

NSVs, Coming Clean, and Interview Woes

A few NSVs to start:
- I went to go see a few friends' band play last night. As I mentioned in previous posts, when I set my mini goal of being down -25# by the time I saw them (did not happen, btw, I am ok with this)...I have seen most of them over the past year, except for one of them. Three of the five members noticed that I looked "different, but I can't figure out why", "skinnier", "hotter than usual". I will take it, happily.
- I wore heeled boots for the first time in forever. Usually after tapping my toe for a few songs, my feet are killing me in these boots. No such issues last night!
- I can feel my port now.
- I sent my ex-roomie a pic of my hands last night to show her some new jewelry I bought (she is an accessories whore) and she replies that she not only loved the rings, but that my hands looked oddly thin.
- I have this old pair of boxers that I wear to sleep. I put them on last night, then walked to the bathroom and they were falling off. (Sad NSV bc I love them...)

After I went to see the band play last night, since I was downtown (I live uptown now), I went to the bar that S works at. S is one of my best friends who might also be the love of my life (that's a whole 'nother blog). I had not told him that I was being banded, just that I was having surgery. Part of the reason was that we were at a different place he was working at the time (this was about a month pre-band), and there were people around and I didn't feel like getting into it at that time (I was cranky from a day of unsuccessful apartment hunting). The other part was that I didn't necessarily want to admit to him that I needed it (mental thing). We were texting a few weeks after that, and he referred to it as my lady thing surgery...all I said was that it wasn't a lady thing surgery, and that I just hadn't wanted to get into it right then. Fast forward to last night - hadn't talked much in a while, and hadn't seen him since August.

When I walked in, he looked at me a little strangely after he came around the bar to hug me. He asked if I was "ok", in that tone that tells you immediately that someone is referring to the surgery. I told him I was great, and we started to talk, then the other bartender came over, so it kind of got put on pause. After a little while, S and I went on a McD's run, and it was pretty empty while we were waiting for the food, so I brought it back up. I told him what kind of surgery I had, and I was pretty surprised that I didn't actually have to explain it to him (he is cute, but sometimes kind of dense). He gave me a big hug, and seemed very happy for me, and said that he saw a difference, now that we were somewhere bright. Then of course he said "Why are you eating McD's! You can't have McD's!" So I did a little explaining on how it works and that I can, in fact, eat pretty much whatever I want, just differently. (My McD's order these days is either a 4 or 6 piece McNuggets, and a cheeseburger which I remove most of the top bun from). It was kind of liberating to tell him - I felt like I was keeping something big from him, which I don't like to do. We took the food back to the bar, and it took me a million years to eat, which he also commented on. I did try a bite of his McRib. I don't think there was anything having to do with actual ribs in there, but it was delicious (I had never tried one before). not something I would order on my own or eat the entire thing of, but nice to know I can steal a bite of someone else's!!!

I also mentioned a few weeks ago that I was applying for new jobs within my company. I hadn't heard anything, but out of nowhere yesterday, I got invites to 3 interviews, 2 this Friday and 1 on Monday (with the actual hiring manager - at 9am on a Monday morning! That just seems cruel). Here's the dilemma...I am not worried about the actual interviews at all...I am FREAKED out what I am going to wear. Suits are not flattering on my shape, so I have not had one in years. I thought I had some twin sets that will work, but after doing a little closet shopping, I apparently no longer have a black one. Ugh. So I need to get a black twin set, perhaps a jacket if I can find a decent one, and some shows. Then I'll be ready to knock them dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment