I can't believe it's been 3 weeks since I last posted! Jeebus! Let's see...lots has happened in that time. I lost weight, I gained weight, I lost the same weight, and as of Thursday morning was sitting at 233. I took a peek this morning, and was at 231.8....could I finally be moving on the scale?
A few weeks ago, I had a little fainting spell, and therefore did not get my fill I was hoping for. I have been taking my vitamins/meds faithfully, and always drink a ton of water. The dr chalked it up to exhaustion due to stress and anxiety, with a heat wave cherry on top. I'm hoping it was just an isolated thing - I took some time off work, and have been working less at the night job. I also went away on a mini-vacation for a few days. Who knew exhaustion wasn't just a code word for "celebs going to rehab"???
I have been making a concerted effort to be more active...walking home from work with my cousin whenever our schedules line up and it's not too hot...going to the gym (not as often as I'd like, but I did go on vacation, which I should get extra points for!)...and I am FINALLY going to Bikram for the first time tomorrow. I know, I know...I've said that a million times before...but I'm really going this time. I plan on going 3 times a week (4 if I can work it into my schedule) for the entire month I have the unlimited pass.
Restriction-wise, I think I'm a little looser than I was - I was able to eat a double double WITH bun in LA (very small bites, and it took me about an hour, but I was determined!!!) I haven't been having much trouble with food, and I've been less snacky and have had less cravings for "bad stuff".
I did discover a new thing to have for breakfast while I was in LA...the friend I was staying with eats pretty healthy, and she had Kashi Hot Cereal. Basically like oatmeal, but from Kashi, so multigrains, fiber and all that jazz. It's 150 calories for a packet, and 8 grams of protein. Pretty yummy! I had tried the high protein oatmeal and didn't like the taste, so I think this is a pretty good alternative. I ordered it on Amazon for a really good price too. Can't wait for it to come - I think I am going to try to seriously cut down on my chai once it does :( It'll be hard, but it's so much money!!!
Other than that...not much new to report. I've been reading faithfully, but haven't had much to say. I am keeping up with everyone though! Now that I am coming back out of hibernation, I promise to start commenting again :)


I love Kashi....I add 1/2 cup of Kashi Go Lean Crunch! to my yogurt and it tastes like Granola but with lots of protein.
ReplyDeleteGreat news on weightloss!
Glad to see ya back, we missed you. :)
ReplyDeleteI've never tried any Kashi products, but I keep hearing good things - might have to give it a try.
And I'm loving the scale moving in a downward fashion! I hope it keeps going that way. :)
I freaking love Kashi. Sooooooo good. Fills you up and is great for you.
ReplyDelete