I was going to be avoid-y, and not post today. But after some deep thought on the matter, I can't lie to you ladies. You're all so honest that I feel like it's missing the point of the whole blogging community if I am not honest as well.
So this morning my weight was at 236.8 (well, it was 237.8, then 236.8, then 237.4....I waited a bit in between each weigh, and got each number twice in a row. I'm obviously sticking with the lowest here.)
"But, Liz...you were having such a good couple of days! This must be one of those unexplicible gains!" Errr...not quite. I WAS having a great few days. Tracking, exercise, water, vitamins...the whole 9.
Somewhere around 11pm last night, it all fell apart. First I ate a pepperoni/fresh mozz/pepper/onion salad I had in the fridge (lunch size portion). Then I ate about 3oz of asiago, and about 9 pita crackers from TJ. THEN, I made a sundae. A FREAKING SUNDAE?!?! Waffle bowl, 6 tbsp of vanilla ice cream, about 2-3 tbsp caramel syrup, sea salt and 2-3 tbsp magic shell (btw, this is a rip off of a cone from my fave ice cream truck in NYC....amazing!). THEN I ate another waffle bowl.
Was I hungry? No. Not in the slightest. Why I was compelled to eat these things....I could not tell you. I was all set to have a great weigh in. Then I wrecked it. Each of these things by themselves wouldn't have been terrible. They just weren't allotted for in the day, and definitely shouldn't have been eaten TOGETHER. As I was eating them, I knew I was sabotaging myself. I just couldn't tell you why. Sigh.
Whew. I feel better. So far so good today. Chai at 10ish, peach Chobani at 11:30ish, and I have chili packed for lunch. I'll eat that whenever I get hungry, maybe around 2 or so. I am almost 2L of water down for the day and will get another in before I leave work. I'm walking home from work (about a mile and a half, which will take about 30 minutes, so a 3mph pace). My dinner is planned and waiting in the fridge. I don't think I will work tonight, so hopefully I can keep myself out of the damn kitchen after dinner, other than for planned snacks. If I don't work, I'll most likely do laundry and clean my apartment, which should keep me busy and burn some calories (although I won't count it).
Tickers will be updated as soon as I post this entry, and then I am moving forward. I think I did the math wrong on my goal - it was actually 16 weigh ins 'til the cruise, not 18. Which means I am down to 15...and I now have to average 2.46lb per week to meet the goal. Pretty aggressive, but do-able if I get off my butt.


I wish I could say something great and explain WHY we do these things but you know what to do and are doing it so enough said on that!
ReplyDeleteI will let you know when I am coming to Long Island and I'd love a NYC bandster brunch get-together if we arrange it. I won't be a bandster at that time but I don't care...I will always be one in my heart, just not my tummy!
Gotta stock up on the protein. It's the only thing I can suggest to help fight the cravings. If you can eliminate unnecessary processed foods and stick to more protein, it won't matter as much if you eat more. (I love cheese. If I'm having a "need to gorge" day, I allow myself unlimited cheese but nothing carb related.)
ReplyDeleteI agree with NFC, protein is the way to go with the cravings. If I need an after-dinner snack I go with a chocolate-y protein bar. :)
ReplyDeleteOr, there's that Special K cereal with the chocolate in it, and it's reallly good.