Hello ladies! It's Friday, so it's time for...
BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy….5 little questions we ask to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break. Copy and paste to your own blog and enjoy!
1. If you have a camera and have the time – take the contents of your purse out – and take a picture of said contents and explain them. If you don’t have time or a camera – please describe the contents of your purse.
Clockwise, starting from 12:00 - S's Flip-cam that I carry around so I will remember to give it to him (I've had it for a year), checkbooks, notebook (for my to-do lists, shopping lists, bill lists, etc), nail file, headphones, sunglasses, perfume, anti-depressants, advil, brush, umbrella, ipod case (today with no ipod!), wallet, lip gloss, lip balm, free download card from Starbucks (I collect these every week, usually have 2 or 3 floating around in my purse, never actually download them, I have a stack at home), keys, 2 pens, Splenda minis (brilliant invention), gum and underneath is a printout of some hair pics I like since I am getting a cut today. Not seen in the pic (because these things live in my hidden pocket) - tampons and condoms. Hey, you never know.
2. Repeat question: I’m going to pick a person not knowing if you have a relationship with this person or if the person even exists and you try to describe the person in 5 words or short sentences.
• Your kindergarten teacher
Mrs. Baer, but I always called her Mrs. Bear
Big curly fro
Thought she was so old, but then I saw my kindergarten class pic a few years ago and realized she was really young.
That's all I got...
3. What’s your favorite guilty pleasure / trashy TV show you like to watch?
Trash TV is the best. Real life is stressful enough, my entertainment shouldn't stress me out further. I like some reality shows, but generally only those from MTV, VH1 or Food Network. I love Jersey Shore. Other than that, I watch a ton of Food Network. For regular shows, during the "series year", I have 2 or 3 shows every night. My poor DVR. One would think that working as much as I do, I wouldn't have time for TV. Hmm, maybe that's why Inever get enough sleep...
4. A lot of you told me about your first day of school experiences when I posted about how my 5 year old going to kindergarten wasn’t causing me too much heartache. So now I’m officially asking – tell me about one of your first day of school experiences that sticks out in your mind the most. Who put you on the bus? Did you ride the bus? Did your parents take pics? Did they walk you into school? Drive you there? Cook you breakfast?
You know, I don't really remember anything specific for first day of school traditions. Then again, I am the youngest, so maybe my parents were over it :) I do know that the first few years, my mom would take pictures. After that, I probably wouldn't put up with it. There wasn't a school bus after 2nd grade, so my dad drove me every day on his way to 7-11 to have his coffee. And there were no special outfits, because we went to Catholic school and had uniforms. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there was more fanfare than I remember, but it must have faded in my memory.
5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in real life and in blog land.
Real life has sucked a little. Between the hurricane, and stressing about money/bills/vacation, etc...I had to go have an un-fill. Yes, I feel better, but now I can eat like a cow. I also had some drama with one of my friendships, and I'm really bummed about the way it looks like it's going. I've lost the trust of someone I care about a great deal, and I don't know if I can ever get it back. That's been weighing on my mind a lot.
Blog land has been fun! I am loving seeing all of the posts with the BOOBS survey, and I can't wait to meet all of you ladies.


I don't like that you're going through this with your friendship. :( You can text me anytime you need to talk, sweetie!
ReplyDeleteAwww, I am sorry about the friend drama. I hate that.
ReplyDeleteHang in there... and go back and get an adjustment if you find that your appetite is now out of wack.