My Progress So Far!

My Progress So Far!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What The...I LOST?!

So after I posted this morning...I weighed myself. Result was 233.8. Considering the last weight I remember seeing before I left was around 237-238 (not really sure becuase it was too depressing), that means not only did I not gain like a crazy person on the cruise, I SOMEHOW LOST WEIGHT. On a 9 day cruise to the Mediterranean where I took every possible opportunity to put food in my mouth. Huh. While I credit the walking, that's still pretty amazing...

I had my esophagram this morning, but won't see Dr. K until October 12 for my official one year follow up (which btw, I didn't even realize when it passed because I was away...nice). I then saw G for a fill...and he left things mostly up to me. If you remember, I was unfilled due to tightness down from 7.7cc to 7.0cc at the end of August. I then cancelled my planned unfill before the cruise because I thought I was loose enough. I decided to get .4 put back in today, and then another .3 or .4 in 2 weeks when I see Dr. K.

While I'm happy that I've lost 40 lbs this year...I know it could be more. I rely on the band way too much...I need to start taking more responsibility for my loss/journey/all that hooey. That's the fancy way of saying I need to DO WORK. So...that's what I plan to do over the next....oh, well, until I am done doing work I guess...then it's just a different type of work.

I am so so so excited about Chicago. I am going to do the majority of my packing tonight, since my suitcases are already out (and will be for the next few weeks!).

I will leave you with some NSV's from the cruise:
- regular size towels now fit around me no problem. Woo!
- I was able to walk miles and miles every day and get normal person tired, not fat person tired.
- I wore my bathing suit on the ship, and was more bothered by the fact that it's too big on my chest than the fact that I was wearing a bahting suit in public.
- While pickins' for cute guys to flirt with on the ship were SLIM, I got more male attention than my tiny athletic friend. Not trying to compete, but it always feels nice to be the one they're looking at and flirting with.

2 comments:

  1. Not fat person tired? HUGE NSV!! :)

    Glad you had so much fun. We need some pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I thought I was the only one who could lose weight on a cruise! Especially the Med! So happy for you Liz. However, you said it yourself, it was all the walking you did! That tells me that when you put your plan to work, you will really start melting away!

    ReplyDelete