Work has been INSANE, and I've had literally no time to post or comment. I've been reading, but haven't had any time past that! With that said...where were we?
Weight loss has been slow slow slow. Once I went back to solids, I could pretty much eat whatever I wanted. I have been making a supreme effort to keep portions down. I do get full much faster than I used to, and think I have recognized what my soft stop is (a very dull ache in my chest). Haven't really pushed it to find out what my "hard" stop is! :) I have actually gained about 4lb from the lowest low I've seen (254), but am not taking it to heart. I know eventually it'll move in the right direction.
I got my first fill yesterday! Dr. K drew out .6cc from surgery, and added 3.4 more, for a total of 4.0cc. She said it might be a little bit more, she thought there was more in there at surgery, but couldn't get anything else out. The fill itself didn't hurt at all, tiny pinch. She did have to push around a bit to find the port (because of how I am shaped - ps, it is not at all where I thought it was, whoops!), but it was pretty quick and easy. Not sure what kind of restriction, if any, this fill will bring me, as I'm still on liquids today and then mushies tomorrow and Thursday. I can definitely feel a difference when I swallow, even water, but not uncomfortable at all. Next appt is Nov 12.
As I mentioned, work has been crazy crazy crazy. My manager left the company a week after I came back to work, so I have been trying to close out/transition all of her projects and work, as well as get her office cleaned out. She was fairly senior, so there's been a lot to do. Not to mention, she had started planning a series of 3 day workshops not long before she decided to leave, and somehow, the entire responsibility for these got dumped on me. It's been frustrating, but I am hoping ultimately will gain me a little recognition that will lead to either a raise or a promotion. When my manager told me she was leaving, I did apply to another position within the company since the timing would be good. It's a slight promotion, but with a much more defined (and realistic career pathway - don't have one of those in my current group).
I started going back to the gym. We're lucky to have one in our building, and we're encouraged to go during the day (within reason, of course). I went twice last week, and am AIMING for going three times this...not sure if that's likely to happen. I think I can manage at least twice though.
I also did the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk in the Bronx this weekend, and not only did I walk about 3 miles, but my family's team raised over $5k! My mother was diagnosed with Stage 1 breast cancer in 2008, but was luckily able to beat it. So this is a cause very close to our hearts. I'm pretty happy that I got to raise money AND get some exercise at the same time.
I think that's all for me for now - hoping that the liquids post-fill and the departure of TOM will be nice to me on the scale on Thursday. Hope everyone is doing well...I promise to start commenting more!
<3
Liz


I'm glad you posted! I totally understand being to busy to post. I hope this fill is a good one for you!!! I really wish I could figure out my soft stop... It's good you found yours!
ReplyDelete