My Progress So Far!

My Progress So Far!

Sunday, November 7, 2010

I'm still alive!

Wow-eee! Moving totally kicked my ass. Note to self: next time you move, please make sure you do so when you can either take some vacation (didn't have any left for the year), or can phone it in for a week or so.

Hence the lack of blogging! I barely had time to shower, much less blog. I have been keeping up with everyone's blogs, though...and have tried to comment when I can.

Scale-wise, I am doing ok...no loss, and a slight gain actually. I weighed in at 254 on Thursday (official), which was up 1.8 from my low of 252.8, and today for the Holiday Challenge start weight, I was at 255.2, up 2.4 from the low. Not thrilled, but I'll take it. My eating has been all over the map this week - I started sleeping at the new apartment on Tuesday, but didn't have any of my kitchen things until Friday. Then I wasn't able to get food shopping until today, so there's been a lot of take-out. Added to that the fact that I can pretty much eat anything, in any amount (altho I am trying to keep it in check)...and my new addiction...

Which leads me to...the new addiction. Starbucks Chai Lattes. I am one of those weirdos who doesn't drink coffee. Never have, no plans to start. I drink tea in the morning if I am eating breakfast. I had had chai a few times, but recently, rediscovered it, and started drinking a lot of it. I'm talking a 2 a day habit....which calorie wise, is fine, fits completely into the "budget"...and since they have a decent amount of protein, that's another plus...but I'm not sure of the sugar. A grande has about 16g of sugar (I think). My nutritionist hasn't mentioned any caloric/fat/sugar guidelines...just the protein. Anyone have any thoughts on whether this much sugar is ok/not ok? Or what kind of sugar guidelines they follow?

I have to travel for work tomorrow/Tuesday, so not sure what that'll mean for eating, but I'll hopefully make decent choices. Friday will be fill #2, and I'd like to go in showing some loss from the first one 3 weeks ago (I was at 258.8 by my scale a few days prior - theirs is usually a few pounds more).

I did cook for the first time in my new kitchen today, but my chili (usually fantastic) came out a little off....I think I may have browned the meat a little too much while I was having technical difficulties with the cheapie can opener I bought (and promptly threw out afterwards). I'll just have to suck it up and eat the other 5 portions....wasn't bad, just not as good as usual.

That's all I've got for now...hope everyone is having a good week!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Liz,
    I also live in NYC, I am 32 yrs old, and I am scheduled for surgery Nov 16. I was wondering if you are required, or know of any support groups in the NYC? I am having the surgery in Long Island, but may need to move to a doctor in the city for fills and support. Just curious if you attend one. Thanks and keep up the good work. Can't wait to get this journey underway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm addicted to Starbucks Skinny Vanilla Lattes! soo good!

    Definitely don't sweat a small gain! You're doing great!

    The NYU scale is ALWAYS more for me too!

    ReplyDelete