My Progress So Far!

My Progress So Far!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Checking In! (long)

I know I've been quiet this past week - I am still here reading, but have been both busy and kind of overwhelmed by life, so haven't had much to say.

Let's start with the weekly weigh in - 226.6 this morning, .2 from last week, and up 1.8 from the low. It's the cheese. Stupid , wonderful, crunchy aged Gouda. More on that in a minute.

I've been down in the dumps a little bit this week and last - I think I am trying to do too much, and then blammo, I don't want to do ANYTHING. I haven't been tracking, I haven't been getting in my water or my vitamins/meds (the meds were only missed a few days but even still...), I haven't been going to physical therapy, etc etc etc. Not sure exactly what caused the little slump, but I've officially annoyed myself, and so enough is enough. Besides, I am going to be CRAZY busy for the next two and half months, I don't have time to be depressed. My cruise is in less than a month, and then BOOOBS!!!!, and then my fave musician goes on tour for a month (which means I do too in a manner of speaking). Between all the time away, and the picking up extra shifts at the club to pay for all of it, and oh yeah, working my day job AND the daily tasks of normal life...I just do not have the time for slumps and being down in the dumps.

One bright spot of the last week was getting to spend some time with my friend who is on tour with Train & Maroon 5. And by spend time with him, I mean running off backstage while he was working and trying not to drool on Adam Levine's sleeve (I may or may not have been successful with that). Unfortunately, it was a big break in my routine, and only contributed to my off-track-ness. I guess it's part of life, and I need to be flexible and able to adjust my routine, especially for fun stuff that is so worth it like this.

SO. Here we are today. For me, Thursday is always a new start, since it's my weigh in day. (OK, sometimes it's a license to eat like shit, since I don't have to weigh again until Sunday for the challenge..) Today, I am back to tracking. The entire day is planned out, and while it's not 100% great choices, it's only slightly over my calories, and 84g of protein. I'm 1L of water in. I made an appt with the PT for next week.

I'm also taking a look at some goals. Clearly the whole "Onederland by the cruise" thing isn't going to happen, since I leave in 28 days, and would have to lose 27 lb to make it happen. So that's getting scrapped. I was briefly considering a "lose 20 more lb by tour", but that's only 7 weeks, and for 2 of those I will be in Europe with a slight de-fill and unlimited food. Also not realistic. So no more goals related to dates. I'm also revising my final goal weight to 175. While it's not a "normal BMI", it's only 27. That's pretty damn good, and is still a loss of 100 lbs. I really do think that 164 would be too small for me anyway...and if I am not happy at 175, I can always keep pushing. It may even go up to 185, depending on what Dr. K thinks, especially because I am planning on plastics that make take it down a bit afterwards.

Oh, and the Gouda thing? I think I gouda'ed myself out...I've eaten a LOT of it over the past few weeks (thank you new gourmet supermarket that opened downstairs from my apt...) I actually threw a piece of it out last night. Granted, it was a small piece. But I THREW IT OUT.

And finally, I will leave you with a pic from the Train/Maroon 5 show. This is right before I met my new love, haha. Don't mind the skinny biatch in the pic next to me - I only hate her when she eats an entire cake and loses a pound. Which is often.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! And it sounds like the cheese thing is on its way out. I've recently discovered the Babybel cheeses, and they're fantastic and low cal, no carb! So that's always a choice if you need some. :)

    You'll get to onederland, it may not be when you wanted to... but it'll happen!

    ReplyDelete