My Progress So Far!

My Progress So Far!

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Back to Basics Week 8

Hola!

So this morning I was up to 227.4. Originally it was 228, but after some bathroom time, it dropped a teeny bit. I am sort of mad at myself, but really, I know why. First of all, the break up with Gouda was semi-temporary, had a bit of backsliding Friday night. I've been eating like crap, a ton of carbs, not enough protein, not enough water etc etc etc BLAH BLAH BLAH! I've been getting stuck/sliming a lot the past few days, so I don't know if I am resorting to comfort foods. Anyhoo.

I've also been stressed the past few days, my mom had surgery (minor) on Friday and while it went well, it made my sister freak out a bit, and take out all of her shit on me. So the entire weekend has been me trying desperately to not bitch-slap her upside the head. No promises on that - I still have to see her tonight at work.

AND my period showed up on Friday (like I needed more???)

This is all leading to....the pouch test. Time for a reset. Even if I don't follow it to a tee (I am going to try, but we all know how that goes..), hopefully it'll break this awful little cycle I've fallen into of Gouda, cheese crisps, and flagels (flat bagels PERFECT for a bandster, once toasted they are so crispy and perfect - lemme stop...I think I am drooling on my computer).

Oh, and an NSV from the other night - a few friends have a theater company and I went to see their latest play. N.M., the guy from a few months ago (see this post for reference) is part of this group, and I saw him after the play. It was kind of odd, he was staring at me all strangely (I was wearing one of my new dresses - size L, natch)...and he mentioned that he didn't even know I was there. Now, this particular play is what is called site-specific theater, and without going into too much boring detail, the audience is basically sitting 3 feet from the actors for the entire time. We made eye contact several times. So I started laughing, and said "really? I thought you looked right at me?" And he said "I did, but I didn't know it was you...you look so different...have you always been this hot?" And I smiled and said "I've always been hot...I'm just getting hotter.." Too bad he still has a girlfriend. He wouldn't let go of my arm though...nice feeling :)

4 comments:

  1. He didn't KNOW you were that hot? What a marooon!

    Good luck with the pouch test!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's a pouch test? I think I might need one of those. I've been bad. I too had maple smoked gouda (and other amazing cheeses) yesterday pretty much for lunch. Went to Grape & Grain in the East Vill and shared a bottle of wine with a friend too... and had bellini's ugh. bad bad BAD weekend for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He should have been looking a lot closer......
    I love that you told him you've always been hot. Good for you.
    New Follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell him to back off. Your mine.

    I say bitch-slap your sister...I'm so mean.

    You are the hottest chick with the band!!

    ReplyDelete