I can't complain at all. I weighed in this morning at 231.2...which is only down .2 from last week (but down 1 from Sunday). I had a food and alcohol filled long weekend, hence the lack of right to complain. I have been moving more, even if it's just walking somewhere rather than taking a cab, and I feel good.
Friday night, I went and had sangria and appetizers (aka lots of cheese and toasted bread) with my BFF and cousin. After that, my cousin and I walked to my apartment, and my sister called in apanic bc she needed someone to help out at night job for a few hours. After that, I went and met my cousin for a movie (Bad Teacher - highly recommend, but only if you have a slightly screwy sense of humor!). All in all, I walked exactly 3 miles. Not bad for a relaxing night.
Saturday, I had planned to go to yoga, but the studio was closed for the holiday weekend. Instead, I went out with BFF and Hetero-Life-Mate for some alcoholic fun. We bar hopped a little. One of our stops was a place where a male friend of mine works. There's been unspoken chemistry between us for a few years now, and a few vodka drinks and lots of harassment from my friends later, I finally said something to him, telling him that they (the friends) wanted to know why he and I had never gotten together. (Um, it wasn't quite that family friendly - but I am keeping it clean for the kids!) We ended up having a very interesting conversation on the topic. Basically, he has been interested for as long as I have, but never made a move because he wasn't sure if I was interested or not - and his friends harass him much in the same way that mine were. Unfortunately, he has a girlfriend right now, so my timing was a bit off - but still good information to have for the future...We shall call him N.M. for future reference. We ended the night at a bar ANOTHER one of my boys works at (S, I have mentioned him briefly before), but he was in a crabby mood, and I was too giggly from the previous stop, so I didn't pay him much mind.
Woke up on Sunday wanting way more sleep, and a lot of water, heehee. I had promised my mom I would get on an early-ish bus to her house, since she was making a trip to the cemetary and I haven't been since we interred my dad's ashes in May. It was raining softly, and the cemetary was very quiet and peaceful. I didn't really feel any sadness there - I don't think of him as being there. His presence is all over the house, but not the cemetary. We stopped by my grandmother and uncle's graves as well, and discussed the possibility of moving my grandfather down from where he is buried way upstate, since he is all alone there. My mom and I grabbed lunch, and then headed home. I was planning on spending the night hanging at home with her, but my sister needed my help at the night job again, so I relented and went in. Well worth it $$ wise, so I guess I can't complain there either. Came back to my mom's afterward and went to bed.
Monday dawned bright and sunny, and we had a small BBQ. not many people, just my BFF, HLM and her husband, my mom and sister, and a friend of ours from the night job. It was a nice relaxing day filled with lots of food, and lots of pool time. We made a whirlpool at one point, and I was literally running in circles around the pool. Got myself a nice unexpected workout! Also, an NSV: I haven't worn a bathing suit without shorts or a tee in a long time, and I did so without feeling self conscious. I have to say, I think I looked pretty good!
So, as you can see - this loss, even tiny as it was, was not earned :) I'll take it though. Eating has been pretty decent the last few days...I really need to start tracking though, just to be sure. I am heading to the gym in a few minutes to walk on the treadmill for 45 minutes to get some sweat going before I have to head to the night job. Hope everyone is having a great week!


I am with you on that! Take the losses in what ever form they come in!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good weekend! Fun about the boy. To bad he has a girl..But never know how long those will last! :)
Very fabulous NSV....
Love the NSV! :) And too bad cutie at the bar has a GF at the moment, darnit. I was really rooting for you to get an extra workout in that night. hehe
ReplyDelete