My Progress So Far!

My Progress So Far!

Monday, July 25, 2011

You Asked For It...

I refuse to take responsibility for anything that happens as a result of this post. A few people have asked for the recipe for the evil evil garlic gruyere biscuits I mentioned in yesterday's post.

This is the recipe I used...with a few tweaks that I'll add as notes at the end.

http://www.food.com/recipe/garlic-cheddar-biscuits-191777

Ingredients:

Servings: 12

Directions:

Prep Time: 30 mins

Total Time: 42 mins

  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
  2. Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
  3. Stir in milk and 1/2 cup butter just until moistened. Add Cheese.
  4. Drop batter by tablespoon on lightly greased cookie sheet.
  5. Meanwhile, add garlic salt to remaining melted butter.
  6. Bake buscuits for 6 minutes.
  7. Remove biscuits, drizzle with garlic butter and return to oven for another 6-7 minutes, or edges are golden.
  8. After removing from oven but while still warm drizzle with garlic butter again.
  9. Serve and enjoy!
I used (obviously) gruyere instead of cheddar, because I am on a gruyere kick. You can use any cheese you like, though. Instead of garlic salt, I used garlic powder, and I also threw some into the dough. The first time I tried the recipe, I used garlic salt & pepper blend, and it was way too salty (and I like salty stuff!) I greased my cookie sheets with non stick spray, and also used a spring loaded cookie scoop (also sprayed). Took no time at all to dish them out.

Here's the finished product. I made these Saturday. Gave 8 or so to my mom and sister. There are none left in my apartment. Do THAT math...



6 comments:

  1. Sweet baby Jesus, those look crumdiddlyumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrumdiddlyumptious* even lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do look good. I have a similar recipe (without garlic) that I drop to make the crust for Turkey pie. Yum. I too can still get them past the band. But they are a treat every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those sounds to yummy for words!

    ReplyDelete