4 posts in 1 week from me?! What the hay?!
1. Alright – forgive me – we’re gonna get a little personal here. I was flipping through my organizer and saw in big bright letters “ANNUAL PHYSICAL DUE” coming up soon. Then I remembered that last year my lady bits doc said that since I haven’t had a bad pap in so many years – that I don’t have to come back for another 3 years if I don’t want to. What the what? Did you guys know that?
No speculum in the vaginulum?
Anywhoozle – it sounds all good but really – do any of you follow this medical rule? Do you go every three years if you’ve never had a bad pap?
I would probably still go every year just to be on the safe side. With all of the health issues my family has had in the past few years, it seems silly to not be proactive and on top of things. My doc is a woman and I am very comfortable with her, and it's usually over pretty quickly.
I do have to agree with Draz though, if the speculum was shaped like a penis, I'd have NO trouble making that appointment! :)
2. If you read, what are you reading right now? Or how about what is your fave music right now?
I read like a crazy lady. I literally cannot keep up with the amount I read, financially and space wise. So I am always re-reading books. I did just read the books that HBO's "Games of Thrones" was based on - the A Song of Ice Fire series by George RR Martin. So good, I blasted through all 5 books in about a week. I was dismayed to discover at the end of the 5th book that there are 2 more planned, and not even written yet. I hate waiting.
As far as music, I am obsessed with the new songs from my fave artist, who I flew to London to see this week. If we are friends on FB, you prob know his name (I won't post it here, bc people do google his name and mine together, would rather they not find this blog). If we're not friends on FB, what are you waiting for?? Click on my badge! If you're curious, email me and I'll tell you! :)
3. Name some of your favorite smells.
Mmmm. Clean laundry. A man who I'm attracted to (or used to be haha). The smell of my dad's fingers (he was a smoker, so his fingers always smelled tobacco-ey...reminds me of childhood and knowing that I always had him to fix things for me).
4. Showers or baths? Shampoo only or shampoo & conditioner? Shave daily or just when you start feeling and looking like an ape?
I'm a shower girl. I like the idea of baths, but I am too tall to fit into standard bathtubs and have everything submerged. So something is always sticking out of the water, getting cold. I like showers with a strong water pressure, and I'll stand under them for far too long.
I use shampoo and conditioner, and then sometimes a light spray conditioner as well to detangle. I don't heat style my hair, so I can take or leave the spray depending on my mood.
Shaving is very hit or miss. Obvi when I am going to be wearing a dress or something sleeveless...or I think someone may see what I usually keep covered up...other than that, (especially in the winter) when I started getting annoyed by it I will shave. One of these days I am going to do full body laser treatments so I never have to think about it again.
5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in real life and in blogland.
In blogland, there is so much BOOBS love going on! It's fantastic. The amount of support flying around there here interwebs is mid-boggling. I love it!
In real life...I had a GREAT week. I went to London earlier in the week for a quickie trip to see my fave artist play a show. It's very hard to explain if you are not a live music junkie, but something about seeing him perform fills my soul. I hadn't seen him since Oct, and a LOT has happened in my life since then. I am so very glad I went. One of the folks who works with him regularly happened to be in London ramdomly with another band, so I got to see him as well. We're pretty good friends as well, and may or may not have a "special" relationship ;-) We all went out after the show, had a great time, then I got to spend some one on one time with my guy. Fun times.
Since I got back, I have been pouting that I am back, haha...and just chugging along. Working, working, working. I started PT last night for my shoulder which has been screwed up for years due to waitressing, big boobs and bad posture. Hopefully they'll get it resolved. I also strained my sacrum (2 vertebrae above the tailbone) a few weeks ago, and THAT is finally feeling better.
Weight is still going down! Slowly but surely. This morning's peek was 227.2. Hoping that comes down a little bit by Sunday's challenge weigh in.
Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!!!
<3 <3 <3


No spoilers on book 5 - I'm still less than halfway through it. I just can't sit and enjoy it like I have been able to do with the other 4... guess because it's all supposed to be happening at the same time as book 4. Which is weird for me!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had such a great week, and happy to hear so much from ya this week! :)
You're so lucky you didn't read book 4 when it first came out! I turned the page it said "oops sorry, no more book for now" and I went !!!! .. and then waited for 6 years. :)
ReplyDelete