My Progress So Far!

My Progress So Far!

Friday, September 24, 2010

A Few More Things from Surgery...

that I forgot to mention.

*I did have a hiatal hernia, so Dr. K put 3 sutures in to repair it. She said I may have a little extra discomfort than I would from the band alone, but it shouldn't be too bad.

*She gave me the Lap Band APS band, and she said it's usually primed with about 3cc to start.

*So far today, I have had a CIB, and a few spoonfuls of tomato soup. I have been sipping on water all day, but have only gotten down about 8oz so far.

I emailed my boss this morning, to let her know that the surgery went well, and she wrote back and asked for my address. I can only assume to send me flowers, which lemme tell ya, is a shock and a half. She hasn't gotten me a single thing for any holiday since I started working for her (a year and a half ago!), and didn't even acknowledge Admin Professional's day! This is definitely not the culture of my company, so I will be very (pleasantly) surprised if flowers do indeed show up.

I'm off to go sip some more water!

2 comments:

  1. My hunger pains hit yesterday afternoon. I've had 2 cups of cream soup since. But, I don't get a fill in surgery, like you did. I took a dose of pain medicine yesterday afternoon but haven't had anything since. I need to drink more. So glad your feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a hiatal hernia also. If the extra pain is a trade off for not having heartburn EVERY single night, I am ok with that.

    Keep sipping, girl. Isn't it the most incredible thing to eat a few spoonfuls of soup and be done? I am amazed every day.

    We must go for a solid meal together once we are both healed.

    ReplyDelete