My Progress So Far!

My Progress So Far!

Friday, December 3, 2010

Ouch! (aka NSV!)

I just dropped something under the table, and bent over the back of the chair to pick it up. I guess the height of my chair is exactly the right height for my port to hit as I bent.

Well, that sucker HURT. I got a port ouchie for the first time, and that's because there isn't as much cushion on top of it! I love finding NSVs in the strangest places!

It's also starting to get pretty cold here in NYC, so I've finally retired my trusty leather motorcycle jacket. I ordered 2 new coats a few months ago from Old Navy. One of them fit nicely, and one fit, but wasn't that flattering yet. Well, the one that fit is officially too big (oops, this was the first time I wore it!), and so I am guessing this means that the other might fit really well now.

I think it's time for a "From My Rack to Yours" post...hopefully I can find someone to take some pictures this weekend so you can see what the pieces look like on a body, not just a hanger or laying on the bed.

This latest fill is doing pretty well by me so far - I am supposed to still be on mushies, which I am mostly sticking to, but I had a dinner last night to attend, so I had to make the best choices that I could (and man, was it yummy). I can feel a big difference, so I am making sure to eat slowly, take small bites, and chew chew chew. I'm hoping it gives me a boost to get my butt into the 240s, and to meet my mini goal.

I still haven't heard anything about the new position at work - they were planning on making a decision by today (although I've heard that story before), so hopefully I will find out on Monday. I followed up with the recruiter yesterday (we have internal recruiters too, it's a HUGE company) and she said she had gotten really good feedback on me, and that I was definitely still in consideration.

Otherwise, work is still kicking my ass. It's 10pm on a Friday, and I just finished the work I brought home. Work I brought home not because I slacked all week while I was actually there, but because I am supporting way too many people (most admins in my department support 2 or 3 people, I am supporting 8), and have too many extra projects to do. I did get everything I needed to do done (including my year end self assessment, which I HATE HATE HATE doing, but I think I did a pretty good job), so I can FINALLY get started on enjoying my Friday night.
Which is going to consist of the bowl of chili I am enjoying now, excessive amounts of Food Network (hi, I'm Liz and I am a Food Network addict. "Hi Liz.."), and quality time with the book I'm reading and my electric blanket. My life is so exciting (well sometime it actually is...)

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I have to work tomorrow night at the club, and plan to also be a bum on Sunday since it's my only actual day off every week. I'll check in with everyone then to update on Holiday Challenge weigh in! Oh, gotta go, time for "The Best Thing I Ever Ate".

1 comment:

  1. That sucks about supporting too many people!!
    Hello, I am a Bravo addict. (Hello Dinnerland.)

    ReplyDelete