Wow, I cannot believe that it has been three months since my surgery. It feels like just yesterday that I was slumped in a chair in the hospital hallway, stalking my nurse for my morphine :)
In the past 3 months (I guess 3.5 including pre-op), I've lost 27.2 pounds. While this is the first week that my average per week loss dipped below 2 pounds, I am still so incredibly thrilled. I've never had trouble losing the first 20 pounds - it's what happened after that where I slipped. This time, I am losing more slowly, but much more consistently. I'm starting to get to the point where the band is really being "turned on", as my surgeon says. I don't expect drastically quick results, but I know for the first time that this is what will finally do it for me.
I wish I had taken more pictures at the beginning (I know, I know, everyone told me to, but I HATE being in pictures if I don't have to). I wish I had taken my measurements. I didn't, so I just have to go on what I feel and what I know. I feel my hipbones much more. Apparently my ass is noticeably smaller (more on that later). My torso looks much smaller. My face is a lot skinnier (especially when I have on earrings, and my hair is up). I haven't officially dropped any sizes yet - but all of my work pants are way too big, my jeans that were wayyy too tight (I wore them anyway!) now fit really well, and lots of things that were in the "someday" pile, are now in the "getting a little too big" pile.
So, my weight this morning was 247.8, down 1.8 from last week. At my appt on Monday, I wasn't expecting a fill, but ended up getting one anyway. I am now up to 7.2cc in a 10cc band. The last fill took a good week to kick in, so I'm hoping that I have a few good weeks before my period shows up and ruins everything.
Today was my last day at work for while, or until I find a new position. I have a couple of really good leads, and I have applied to a bunch of jobs. Hopefully something will pan out. Until then, I'm on indefinite paid vacation. I would enjoy it more if I knew what was going to happen, but I am going to just roll with the punches.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas! I am working the night job all weekend, but will get to spend Christmas morning/afternoon with my parents and sister.


No comments:
Post a Comment