My Progress So Far!

My Progress So Far!

Monday, December 27, 2010

Whine Alert!!!

I am a very unhappy Liz today. This will be a whine-fest....so sorry, but it's one of the few places I can safely vent.

Living in NY, I accept that we have winter weather and this cannot be controlled. I know this. I was supposed to be flying to Atlanta today for a short post holiday hell getaway with one of my BFFs. Well, "Snowpocalypse 2010" happened, and all flights into/out of NYC are cancelled. No trip for me. Fine, it's December, these things happen.

Well, since a lot of the people who work at the night job are stuck in the various places they went for the holidays, they're short a waitress tonight, and I might have to go to work, after making plans to mourn the loss of the trip with the BFF. Mind you, I have no obligation to go in, but I feel like if they need me, I need to go (especially since I live 4 blocks away). So after working all weekend (Fri, Sat and Sun), and basically having no Christmas, I now probably have to go in for the 4th night in a row. The snow has triple screwed me - no trip, no plans to mourn loss of the trip, and now having to work.

My sister is actually the staff manager at the club, and she kind of irritated me the way the whole thing regarding working tonight was handled. She had the waitress who was stuck out of town text me, and say "Jenn asked me to see if you could work...blah blah". Like Jenn doesn't call/text me 80 times a day? She couldn't ask herself? So I called my sister, explained that I didn't really WANT to work, but if she really ended up stuck I would do it. All I asked of her was that she let me know as early as she could....and she got a little squirrelly with me. Listen, I am doing YOU a favor, and in return, I'd like you to let me know if you need me at 5:30 instead of 6 so I can maybe have some semblance of a night with my friends like I was planning? She got all huffy and snippy with me.

We've talked in the past about how she tries to not show favoritism towards me (back story - I have been there long er than she has, and actually got her the job there - I left for a few years and in that time, she became one of the managers, which I used to be before I left). She's actually asked me to let her know if I ever that she is going too far in the other direction to try to avoid favoring me - and I think this time she has a bit. If it was one of the other waitresses, she would not have gotten attitude-y with them, and bent over backwards to try to accommodate them since they were doing her a favor. So I guess I need to have a chat with her.

The only bright spot of today, is that my weight is down to 246.4. It's been dropping little by little every day since the last fill. I did get a teeny bit stuck on eggs a little while ago...so I waited a bit and am trying them again tentatively.

If you actually read all the way through - thank you thank you thank you! If not, I do not blame you! Is it 2011 yet?

1 comment:

  1. Very nice to meet you Liz! You are doing a great job as well and I also look forward to reading about your journey!! We will all get there!

    ReplyDelete