I didn't get around to posting yesterday, because I spent the day running all over the city, and then making an Ikea run. By the time I got home from dropping my dad's truck off back at my parents' house, it was late and I was anxious to get started on putting my new table together. So anyway, here we go!
I weighed in yesterday at 245.8. That's down a total of 29.2 in 16 weeks overall, and 14 weeks since surgery. My band has been super tight the past few days, which not only echoes what happened with my last fill (about a week after the last fill, I was super tight for a few days, and constantly got stuck) - but I am also getting sick, which I think is also contributing to the tightness. I've barely been eating...and haven't been too hungry either. Yesterday, I got stuck on a swedish meatball at Ikea (which I was PISSSSED about, because they were really good!), and today I got stuck on ring o noodle soup! I'm hoping that this doesn't develop into full blown bronchitis, which is typical for me. I did weigh in at 244.2 this morning, so I am hoping that if I have to be sick, I can get a small benefit from it :)
I've set my next mini goal - since I am so close to 30 pounds down, I am skipping that one (especially since if this morning's weight was any indication, I've already met it). I am planning to go to Atlanta for the weekend of Jan 21-23, so I would like to be under 240, which would be 35 down. I'll be meeting up with a few friends who I haven't seen since last spring, and we'll be seeing one of our fave bands (who I saw in November, and got lots of positive comments).
I'm so glad that Draz brought back BYOC for the end of the year! Here are my answers:
1. Do you make a New Year's resolution list every year? Do you meet those resolutions, forget about them, or never meet them?
I don't make resolutions. I think a lot of that stems from always just wanting to lose weight, so that would be the single one, and clearly, I was never successful with it. I am already handling that this year...
2. If you could delete all the songs in existence from a certain singer, who would it be?
This one is HARD. I'm a major, major music lover, and even if I hate a band, I know there are probably people out there who feel the way about them, that I do about MY favorites. With that said, I just don't get Coldplay. Cannot stand them.
3. If you could have sex with any Superhero, who would it be?
Well, since I always end up associating the actors who play the superheroes with the actual characters, I think right now I will have to say Green Hornet. Because while I don't know a single thing about the dude, Ryan Reynolds is playing him, and um, Mama wants some of THAT.
4. If it was free AND unlimited, would you choose to have a cook, chauffeur or masseuse?
Masseuse. Hands down (no pun intended!). I've got years of stress and tension all built up in my shoulders, and while I've finally started to see a chiropractor to try to fix it, I would love unlimited access to massage therapy. I'd seriously get a deep tissue massage every other day. I love to cook, and love to drive, so it's not as much fun when others do that for me.
5. Repeat question - summarize your week, in real life and in blogland.
In real life, I was disappointed by not being able to go away for a few days, but life has been quiet. I would have liked to get more done on the job search front, but the timing is off for that, so I will have to wait until Monday, and then go full force. My dad had surgery on Tuesday, which was stressful. As I've mentioned before, he has gastro-esophageal cancer, and the surgery was to place a port for him to receive liquid nutrition, since his tumor is making eating more and more of an issue. In blogland, I've been quieter than I would like to be. I am still trying to blog more often, and would like to post more pictures (but I think I would have to start taking them in order to post them!). I've been commenting sporadically, but would like to do that more as well!
I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year's Eve/Day, however you are celebrating. I wasn't in much of a party mood this year, so was going to spend the night with my cousin and best friend, including a nice quiet dinner and a night in with some good wine. I woke up feeling like crap, so decided to stay home and drink tea and eat soup, and sleep. Exciting huh? I am actually not a fan of NYE, so it's fine with me.


I hope you don't get bronchitis. Being and tight and sick will suck, but silver lining is shedding lbs!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on hitting 30. Post more pics, woman! I don't think I will recognize you when we finally do meet for brunch! Although, given how tight we both are, we might have to stick to Bloody Marys. I think mine is related to the fact that I am sooo dehydrated.
Feel better. Maybe if you are up to it, we can go for brunch next Sunday?