My Progress So Far!

My Progress So Far!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Have You Seen Me??

No, no you haven't. Because I have been one MIA chica. Between job #1, job #2, earthquakes, hurricanes, trying to get ready for one hell of a vacay...oh and trying to fit sleep in there...I've been a blog slacker.

OK, so I'm gonna do a quick sum up post...then I have a few more posts planned over the next few days. I am all caught up on blogs...I didn't get a chance to comment on anything, but now that I'm current, I should be able to :)

So, where to begin...weight has been pretty steady over the last few weeks, last Thursday's official weigh-in was 226.6, and my (late) challenge weigh in was 226.4. Mostly because while I am eating like total crap, I am also getting stuck/sliming pretty much every day. I don't know if it's the stress of prepping for my cruise or what...but my band has basically slammed shut and eating is not usually an option. Fun times. I went in today for an unfill, and Dr. F took .7 out, leaving me with 7.0cc. I was so hungry when I left that I got a F.ive Guys burger for lunch...and no, not a little one, haha. It was good and I have no regrets. I AM going to try to keep myself under control for the next few weeks, but I have accepted gracefully that I am going to gain some weight back, and I also want to fully enjoy my cruise. I'd rather do this slowly, with some small gains than lose it in a miserable way. And let me tell you...throwing up from your lower stomach is officially miserable.

I'm going to stay at the 7.0cc until the 13th, then I go in for my previously scheduled un-fill pre-cruise...and we'll talk about if I want to take some more out. After the cruise, I fly somewhere for the next 5 weekends out of 6, and while I don't really get tighter from air travel, it might be better to back off a bit for a while til things settle down.

It's been an exciting week here in NYC (not). We had an earthquake, then a hurricane. I was supposed to go to Los Angeles this weekend, and fly home on the red eye Sunday night. Since that was going to be right in the middle of the storm, the airline told me it would probably be 3-5 days before they could get me back...and while I would be quite happy with that concept...somehow I didn't think my boss would agree. So I cancelled the trip, and rode out the hurricane at my mom's house, with her, my sister and the 5 cats. One of my best friends, her hubby and daughter were evacuated, so they came over too, along with their dog. We were super lucky, and didn't lose any power, cable, water, etc...had no flooding. The only damage was the emotional kind of too many people and animals stuffed into one small house. I spent all day Sunday getting sick, and finally snapped when the 8 year old almost pushed me into the open oven as I was checking on something in it because she was dancing behind me (after I had asked her repeatedly to give me space in the kitchen). I walked out, and went to lay down in my mom's room. Thankfully, when I woke up, the only person there was my mom. I have never been so happy to get home to my little studio apartment as I was last night.

Work's been kinda crazy...job #1 is in a time of transition (well, it always is, but my group/dept is back up for cuts). There's a definite chance I could be laid off. Again. Joy. Hopefully I will get lucky, and if not, I'll just figure it out like I did last time (is it wrong to hope for another 2 months off, paid?). I've been working a ton at job #2 to try to make some extra $$ for all of my fun times coming up. I'm grateful to have the option, but man, I just wanna veg out on my couch. I leave for the cruise in just over 2 weeks. I get back on a Monday, and that Friday is BOOBS. Then my fave musician goes on tour (more about that in my BOOBS 2011 post, coming up next) right after that, so I am all over the place in October. I am going to have a blast doing all of this stuff, but I am also looking forward to November in a big way.

Oy. That wasn't so short. Sorry for the novel, I guess I had more to catch you guys up on than I thought I did!!!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Wooohoo, you're a party girl, Liz! I like it. I'm predicting good times in Chicago.

    Glad you're okay since the hurricane and all, but I think I would have kicked the 8 year old. (Can you tell I love children?) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so much fun lady!!! Besides being cooped up with and 8 year old!

    ReplyDelete