I am usually late with everything I do...so instead of setting New Years Resolutions, which I was always bad at anyway...I am setting some 2011 goals (yea, yeah, I know, it's March...whatevs!) They're separated into "Weight Loss/Health", and "Basic Life".
Weight Loss/Health:
1. Drink 3L of water a day (that's 101.4oz)!
I am usually pretty good with water, when I am consciously thinking about it. Maybe the goal should be to consciously think about water...for the last week and a half or so, I've either met or exceeded this one.
2. Take My Vitamins/Meds!
Again, if I am in my routine, this usually goes pretty well. I have consistently taken my meds and vitamins every day for the past week. This is the longest run on that in quite some time.
3. Continue 5lb Mini-Goals...one at a time!
Looking at the big picture of how much I have to lose is overwhelming (much less so than it was at the beginning..), but it's so much easier if I just focus on 5 lbs at a time. I do put a "hopeful" timeframe on these goals, and usually don't meet it, but it's much more do-able...5 lbs at a time.
4. Begin Incorporating Exercise!
I don't want to put too much pressure on myself with this one...so no specifics here...just get out and move! Do something. Anything.
Basic Life Goals:
1. Create a List of Financial Goals!
Based loosely on Dave Ramsey's system, but tweaked for my own life. Refer to this list often. Adjust as necessary.
2. Pursue Professional Development!
In my last position, there were just no opportunities for development, which meant no opportunities to go anywhere. My new boss is all hopped up on the idea of development, and wants to work with me from the beginning on a development plan.
3. Start Working Towards My Degree (again)!
This ties into the financial goals...but it's nothing that should have held me back for as long as it has. I am lucky enough to work for a company that will pay for my education, there is no excuse for me to not take advantage of that.
4. Finish My Apartment!
I have a bad habit of never fully settling in to wherever I am living. I have a feeling this is what leads to me wanting to move so often. Nothing ever feels like "home", except for my parents' house. Since moving back there is not in my plan...I need to fully settle in. This includes DECORATING! I know what I want to put on all of the walls...it's just time to actually get what I am still missing, and put it up!
5. Organize Papers
One of the lessons learned with my dad's passing was that my parents were in no way prepared for a crisis. None of their paperwork was in order. While they were still married, and it was a fairly simple situation, we still could have saved ourselves some stress during a difficult time had that been in place. We are now being very proactive about my mother's estate planning even though she is in good health, in order to avoid this. Even though I am pretty young, I don't think it can hurt to do the same.
So there we go. I'll check back in with these periodically, as appropriate (don't worry, I won't bore you with the whole list every time!)
This morning's weight was 233. A little higher than what I was hoping for, but still a loss nonetheless. I am down 42 lbs in about 6 months (from the start of pre-op diet). I wish I had access to my WW logs from 7 or 8 years ago, but I do believe 233 was the lowest weight I got down to on that diet. That's my lowest weight as an adult. I think I was 19 or so the last time I remember weighing less...and I think I weighed around 220 then.
So, in keeping with the "goals" theme of this blog...next mini goal is 230. I would like to weigh 230 by my birthday (March 19). Since my official weigh in is Thursday, and my birthday is a Saturday, then I have 2 weigh ins to lose 3 pounds. Pretty do-able. I wish I was able to get in for a fill in between now and then, but March is turning out to be a crazy month, so I am going to have to reschedule my appt for later in the month.


No comments:
Post a Comment