If you are doing the pouch test, can you drink alcohol? I am planning on starting it either Wed or Thurs, but am prob going to have drinks with a friend on Friday night. Nothing major, probably a few beers, but can have vodka or wine if that would suit better.
Thoughts?


I don't know the exact Pouch Test rules about alcohol but one of the nurses at my clinic told me that drinking any amount of alcohol will stall weight loss for up to 3 days no matter what form (beer, whine, spirits) you drink.
ReplyDeleteI guess if your goal is to shrink your pouch by just having liquids, then alcohol might be okay. But if you're lessening calories, you have to be careful. I think I would avoid beer (carbonation), and they say hard liquors are best (like, vodka and soda; you're lessening your calories there). I don't know if I agree with the weight loss stalling....depending how much you drink, you could lose weight! ;-)
ReplyDelete