My Progress So Far!

My Progress So Far!

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Food Tracking 1/10 & 1/11, Gym and THE BOOTS!

I've had a really good few days, sticking to my plan and tracking everything that went into my mouth. I slipped up a little bit last night and had a snack after I'd eaten all of my planned calories for the day (finished eating a bit too early, so I was hungry later on) - but I tracked it, and it's all good.

Tuesday:

Breakfast
2 cups of tea with splenda and each ~2 tbsp half and half
Kashi hot cereal
Yogurt

Cal: 370
Carbs: 50
Fat: 8
Protein: 24

Lunch
McD's chicken McBites snack size (holy hell are these good)
2 string cheese

Cal: 429
Carbs: 16
Fat: 26
Protein: 27

Dinner
Turkey wrap w/pepper jack cheese and chipotle cheddar dressing

Cal: 400
Carbs: 26
Fat: 26
Protein: 26

Snacks
Edamame
Honey Nut Cheerios, dry
Kashi Golden Goodness, dry

Cal: 570
Carbs: 85
Fat: 12
Protein: 30

Total for Day
Cal: 1769
Carbs: 177
Fat: 72
Protein: 107

A bit higher in fat and calories than I would have liked but not too terrible. Good on carbs and great on protein.

Before I move on to today's food, lemme tell you about some new food finds (some you may find helpful, some you may bitch slap me for..)

OK, bad first. My sister and I were running errands yesterday and she wanted a coffee from McD's. I was going to be strong and not get anything since my day was planned out already. As soon as we walked in there, I saw a sign for Chicken McBites. Ladies and gents, McD's now has popcorn chicken. Holy shizzle. I love me some popcorn chicken. All willpower crumbled, and I ordered the smallest size. It was amazing. In fact, I planned on having it for dinner tonight but forgot to go get it after the gym. It's already in the MyFitnessPal db, so I whipped my phone out in line and changed around my day to accomodate it :) Now, I warned everyone...so please don't blame me once you taste this deliciousness and want it every day.

These others will hopefully be helpful. I had a Flat Out wrap yesterday (honey wheat). Low in cal (100), high in fiber and protein (9 and 8, respectively, I believe). YUMMY! A tiny bit thicker than a regular wrap, it's kinda like a thin pita. I also found some yummy Chipotle Cheddar dressing in my mom's fridge, made by Brianna's. SOOO GOOD. I don't have the nutritionals in front of me, but they weren't bad. I paired these with some deli turkey and pepper jack, and it made a yummy yummy wrap.

OK, onto today..

Breakfast
2 cups of tea with splenda and each ~2 tbsp half and half
Kashi hot cereal
Yogurt

Cal: 370
Carbs: 50
Fat: 8
Protein: 24
(Are you starting to see the pattern yet?)

Lunch
Turkey, provolone and roasted pepper roll ups

Cal: 270
Carbs: 1
Fat: 17
Protein: 26

Dinner
Chili w/sour cream and shredded cheddar

Cal: 477
Carbs: 19
Fat: 35
Protein: 21

Snacks
Sbux chai
Protein shake (CIB)

Cal: 515
Carbs: 100
Fat: 1
Protein: 34

Total for Day
Cal: 1632
Carbs: 170
Fat: 61
Protein: 105

I was under calories and carbs, just over fat, and great with protein. I got extra calories because I (dun dun dun...!) went to the gym! I started slow, and walked for 45 min on the treadmill at 3.5mph (not including warm up and cool down). I also set up my fitness assessment and free personal training sessions (Fri and Sun, respectively), and my free private Pilates class (next Thursday). For the first few weeks, I am shooting for every other day. Sometime next week, I'm going to start trying out classes. This is a fancy schmancy gym, and it has a lot to offer.

I'm hoping that my really good week reflects on the scale tomorrow morning. If not, I won't get discouraged, because I just FEEL GOOD.

Let's end on a high note...my boots came! Woo! Here's a silly pic of me wearing them (don't mind the cuffed sweats or the shitty quality, my phone was being wonky).



I will definitely be wearing them to the NYC brunch (that may be their inaugural outing, actually)...no decision on the black dress yet. Think it might be a bit much for daytime.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for boots I cant wait to wesr high boots. Great work sticking to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the boots!! I just got my first pair ever just before Christmas. :) It's quite an amazing feeling isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete