I decided to plan and track my foods for yesterday (using My.Fitness.Pal). The apps for the iPhone and iPad are really helpful (I'm always near the phone, tablet or my computer so I have no excuses).
Breakfast/Lunch:
2 cups of tea (each w/2 Splenda and ~2 tbsp half and half)
1 packet of Kashi Honey & Cinnamon hot cereal
1 Chobani peach yogurt
Cal: 370
Carbs: 48
Fat: 8
Protein: 24
Dinner:
1 bowl of chili
3 tbsp sour cream
1/4 cup shredded cheddar
Cal: 447
Carbs: 19
Fat: 31
Protein: 23
Snacks:
2 string cheese
Protein shake (1.5 cup Skim Plus milk, Instant Breakfast, protein powder)
~1/2 cup steamed edamame in pods
Cal: 575
Carbs: 57
Fat: 15
Protein: 69
Totals for Day:
Cal: 1392
Carbs: 124
Fat: 54
Protein: 116
I was under calories by a bit, way under carbs, a tiny bit over fat, and wayyy over protein (but the free membership doesn't allow you to customize specific nutritional values - otherwise I'd be officially aiming for 100g). I also drank just under 3 liters of water. At the end of the day, it felt great to know that I made a plan and stuck to it. At work, I'm surrounded by tempting things (nachos, fries, popcorn, chinese food, drinks, etc) and it felt good to make the conscious choice to JUST SAY NO.
I'm working on my plan for today and tomorrow. Gotta go food shopping, and pick up some groceries. I'm going to a movie with a friend tonight, so I have to either work my beloved movie theater popcorn into the plan for the day, go without (unlikely), or bring my own.
I'm also trying to decide how I am going to get fitness into my life. Since I'm not working during the day at the moment, I have PLENTY of time to add it in. I don't belong to a gym, though. Gyms around here are sooo expensive, and I don't really think it's the best time to add an extra monthly expense to the tune of $150....but I also think I just need to make the commitment to myself to find the $$. If it means an extra few shifts at the club, then that's what it means. So that's on my list for this week. I was planning on starting Bikram today, but I'm just not ready. If I bite the bullet and join the gym, and actually GO, then maybe in 2 months by the time my free month of Bikram voucher expires, I'll be ready to give it a try.
So that's my story for now. I'm probably going to post my "food diary" for a bit, just to have a measure of accountability. I'll either do a separate post for it, or put it at the bottom of my regular posts so if you don't want to read it, you can skip over :)
Hope everyone had a good weekend!
<3


You can customize your settings on myfitnesspal.com. You just go under the Home tab, Goals and hit Change Goals, Custom, Continue and adjust them from there.
ReplyDeleteThat seems very expensive for a gym, :/ Hope you can work out something to get you doing regular exercise!
ReplyDeleteWow, sounded like a great eating day.
ReplyDeleteAnd daaaamn on the high gym prices, girl - I thought $50 was high around here!
Still glad to see you back blogging. :)