My Progress So Far!

My Progress So Far!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Lazy Sunday, Sickies and NYC Brunch!

Well, my cold from last week is hovering on the brink of full blown bronchitis (I describe it this way because last night I would have said full blown, but today I strangely feel better?) Either way, I'm feeling run down and crappy, so I slept until 3 this afternoon (!!!) and don't plan on taking off my PJ's at all today.

We had the NYC brunch yesterday, and it was great! A lot of people weren't able to make it because of the snow, so it was Catherine, Monika (a non-blogger), Jacquie and her adorable two girls, and myself. We had a lovely time just chatting about band issues, life, etc over a yummy yummy brunch for a few hours. I hope we didn't bore Jacquie's girls too much :) We somehow did not take any pictures, but hopefully we'll do another brunch again soon and we'll remedy that. Even though it was snowing, I was bound and determined to wear my boots, so I wore my snow boots to/from the restaurant, and changed once I got there into my new smokin' boots.

After brunch, Monika and I took a cab uptown, and since she sometimes goes to the gym I just joined, I may have a sometime gym buddy! It'd be nice to have someone to work out with every now and then. Since I was sick, and had had to go into work every night this week, I was really hoping I wouldn't have to do so last night. Luckily I got the call that I had the night off, and instead of taking a nap like I planned, I hauled my butt down the block to the gym for some quality treadmill time.

All is well on the tracking front. I had a planned no-track day yesterday, and went off the rails a bit, but I am back on my best behavior today (will probably come in way under calories/protein as I don't feel much like eating).

It's going to be a busy week - tomorrow I have my fitness assessment and complimentary personal training session in the morning, then an orientation for the outplacement company that my former employer provided access to as part of my severance package. Then I'll head to the Bronx for some hang time with mama, sister and the kitties. Tuesday I'll run some errands around the Bronx, then mama and I are going to get some spa pedicures (what a hardship, I know!) Wednesday is a planned gym day (most likely just treadmill) then work at night, Thursday is a work night, and then Friday I'm hoping to do another Pilates session, followed by some treadmill time, and I'm going to treat myself to some time in the sauna and a massage :) I also have tentative plans to go out with my BFF Friday night so it'll be another planned no-track day (I'm allowing myself one a week, as long as it's worth it!)

Hope everyone had a great weekend, and has a lovely week!

xo

1 comment:

  1. Glad some of you gals were able to get together for the brunch! Sad there are no pics, but such is life, I suppose. :)

    ReplyDelete