My Progress So Far!

My Progress So Far!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Starting the Year Off Right...

Hello all of my lovies! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season, and Happy New Year to you all! There have been a lot of "re-committing" posts over the past few days, and I'm definitely no different.

I had my first appointment with Dr. K in a few months, and I was expecting a stern lecture (both for my absence and for my lack of weight loss in that absence). Last night, I also got an email reminder from the Patient Liason at my practice that there would be a plastic surgeon presenting at all of the different support groups this month. I hadn't attended one to date since they're always on Wednesdays, which is one of my nights to work. I figured it was fate that I already had an appt, so I decided to move it to later in the day and attend both.

I'm so glad I did! As anyone who's met other bandsters, it's so nice to have people who understand exactly what you're going through to talk to about everything. The plastic surgeon was also really great, and she specializes in recontouring after massive weight loss, so she has a great understanding of the unique challenges we face. I'll definitely be scheduling a consultation with her when I'm ready.

Dr. K did give me a small fill, because or told her I feel like I can eat huge quantities of food. I know I need to rely on self control to NOT eat as much as I can, but I was just looking for a tiny bit more help. I'm hoping it'll help me break the looong plateau I've been in.

I downloaded the Blogger app on my iPad, so I'll be able to blog on the go :) here's hoping it gets me writing more often!

<3

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, glad to hear you had a good appt. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear from ya, girlie! Hope this fill helps you get to where you want to be. :)

    ReplyDelete