My Progress So Far!

My Progress So Far!

Friday, January 6, 2012

NSVs Over the Past Few Months

Since I was absent from blog-world for a while, and have been acting like I didn't have a band, I thought to keep my head in the game I'd share some random NSVs over the past few months (and some pictures to boot!)

*In early October I went to Atlanta for a show (my fave musician who I've mentioned before). I have a lot of friends there who I hadn't seen in a year and a half. I decided to wear a dress, and when I got to the venue (our little group of crazies meets early in the day to all hang out before the show) - everyone freaked out, and no fewer than 10 people told me I looked incredible.

*Later that month, the afore-mentioned fave musician was doing a book signing. I had him sign my book, and after chatting for a few minutes, I started to scamper off. As I was running away, he called after me "Liz! Liz!" So I turned around, and he said "You look so great!" It made my night. It didn't hurt that my book was signed like this:



*I was out running a few errands in early December and was passing by H&M on my way home. I have never shopped there bc I always assumed their clothes were not made for us bigger gals. I realized that I could probably fit into something from there these days, and decided to go in to look for a dress for my night job's Christmas party. I ended up finding one. In a size L. For $20. And it was hot. (Ironically, I didn't go to the party. I do have an amazing dress hanging in my closet now.) Hard to tell from pic, but the dress has ruching down each side.



*Finally, on Wednesday night at the support group, the PS who presented was wearing a par of killer boots. They were tall boots, and she had skinny legs, but the boots looked loose enough around her calves that it caught my attention. I asked her later on what brand they were, and they were Nine West. I have one around the corner from my apartment, so I went in today, and THEY FIT MY CALVES!! Pull on knee high boots NOT designated as extended calf fit. (If I'm being completely honest they were a teeny bit tight at the top, but they're suede, so they'll stretch after one wearing or so.) How hot are these???



I'm thinking they'd look pretty damn good with my dress, mmm? Now if I only had somewhere to wear this outfit...sigh.

Happy Weekend, everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Ohh, love the boots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wear it to brunch on the 21st! You look great. I am coming with my two daughters....can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those boots are HAWT!!!! I love them. I agree with Jacquie...were the outfit to the brunch. I wish I could be there with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those boots ARE hot! Daaaaaaaamn.

    And the dress is gorgeous. You are looking incredible, girlfriend. :)

    ReplyDelete