My Progress So Far!

My Progress So Far!

Monday, January 30, 2012

The (Revised) Gym Plan, and an NSV!

Everything is moving along quite nicely. When I left you on Thursday, I was stoked at my 3rd loss in a row. I did end up being able to get in all of the planned meals that day, but I did have to force myself to eat a bit, since I really wasn't feeling well.

I went to the doc on Friday, and thankfully got lotsa different meds, which have me feeling so much better. I feel HUMAN again. After my doc's appt, I met with my trainer for our first session. He warmed me up on the treadmill for a while, which I didn't really like (I feel like it's a waste of the session), then we went and did some strength work (triceps and glutes, both of which I'd really like to get toned). I decided to go ahead and buy a package of 12 sessions with him, and plan to meet once a week. Next week, I told him I'll come in a bit before our session and warm up on my own so we can spend the entire session on strength. He thought this was a great idea, which I was relieved by. I definitely want someone who is on the same page as I am. He's cute too, which doesn't hurt ;-)

I've refined my exercise plan a bit. Once I (hopefully) start working again, I'll probably need to shuffle it around, but this should be good for now.

Sunday - Pilates session (55 minutes) and Cardio (45 minutes)
Monday - Rest
Tuesday - Cardio (going to shoot for an hour, but 45 minutes at the minimum)
Wednesday - Pilates session (55 minutes)
Thursday - Rest
Friday - Cardio (30-45 minutes) and Personal Training (1 hour)
Saturday - Rest

I may try a few different classes out on Saturday afternoon if I'm in the mood (Zumba, etc). For right now, I'm still sticking with the treadmill for my cardio, but have started adding incline which ups the calorie burn pretty significantly (same pace/time as before, but working up to 5% incline brought me from 340 calories to 470 calories according to the machine). Once I've done this for a month or two, I'm going to try a spin class.

I also did a bit of shopping online tonight, and got myself lots of fun accessories - all in pink, my favorite color. I got a HRM finally, so I can accurately track the calories out (I went with the Polar FT4F), a new water bottle to replace the one my sister got me for Christmas that has already gotten ruined in the dishwasher, and a new pair of sneakers. I'll be all matchy matchy in th gym, and my OCD likes that for sure.

I have a really fun NSV last night - lots of people have been commenting that my face is looking really thin, which is nice....but I got a great compliment from a surprise person! As I've mentioned, I work at a comedy club. Last night, none other than C*h*r*i*s R*o*c*k came in. Now, I've known him for years, but haven't seen him in a while. It took him a few minutes to recognize me, and when he did, his face got all surprised and he said "Hi! Shit, I didn't realize that was you!" So I smiled and said hi back, and he came over and said to me quietly "You got so skinny! You look great!" It made me smile a whole lot :)

I'll leave you with 2 pics from Friday night. Went out with the BFF and decided to rock the new boots, along with a cute new denim miniskirt. I was trying to get a cute pic, but decided to take a goofy one first:



Doncha love how I look deformed? The way my shirt is falling, it looks like I have a pointy rib cage, and one leg looks way smaller than the other because of how I'm standing. The face is pretty silly, too..



This one is better :)

Have a great week, everyone!!!

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Love the outfit! You have amazing legs, wish my legs looked that good after surgery they look a hot mess no matter whta workouts I try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those hot legs! I'm super proud of you, girly.

    And I'm jealy that Chris R-o-c-k told you you were looking great! :)

    ReplyDelete