My Progress So Far!

My Progress So Far!

Saturday, July 2, 2011

BYOC (on Saturday!)

It's time for BYOC - Bring Your Own Crazy! A few questions we answer in an effort to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break. Copy and paste to your own blog if you wish. Enjoy!!

1. Let's stick with the pictures/exercise and shoe topic and post a picture of (or describe) your workout shoes.

My gym sneakers are at work (my gym is there), but they're basic black and white Nikes. I mostly walk, and they're very comfy for that.

2. Again with the summer/hot theme of the week...what does your current swimsuit look like?

I actually went and dug it out yesterday, since I am spending 2 days at my mom's house and her pool is OPEN and ready for business :) I have 2, a blue/green floral tankini top and navy blue bottoms, and the second is a deep purple floral v-neck one piece. I tried them both on, and the tankini doesn't have enough support for my saggy girls :( The one piece looks really good, actually (I would wear this in front of a guy I thought was cute for some context!) but I am not thrilled with the style....I was considering buying a new one but I like the Lands End suits, and it doesn't make sense to spend that kind of $$ at this point in the journey. Next year, perhaps.

3. Do you lay out, fake bake, sunless spray tan or use tanning lotion?

None of the above. I am white white white. So white I am see through (no, literally...) I can't go in the sun, as I will have sun poisoning within 15 minutes. SPF 80 has been a lifesaver, just so I can actually be semi-normal. I've accepted the fact that I will never ever be tan. I am considering trying the Jergens Natural Glow lotion...since it's more of a gradual thing.

4. Describe your week in blogland and in real life.

In blogland - I have been better about both posting and commenting. While I always read faithfully, I don't always have something "valuable" to say, or have the time...but it's such a great feeling when I get comments that I need to do the same for others. I'm excited for the BOOBS challenge, even though the last 2 challenges I participated in, I ended up weighing MORE by the end...but I have a feeling that my 5 month plateau might be coming to an end.

In real life, there's some scary stuff going on at the day job. Lots of "organizational changes"...a dept mine works closely with announced a 40-50% reduction over the next 18 months...our changes are running a few weeks behind theirs, so it's scary (especially since I JUST went through this a few months ago). Sigh. I haven't been working much at the night job...just needed a physical and mental break from it...but now my bank account is crying, so I'll start that up again next week. I'm lucky to have such a flexible source of income in my life.

I had off yesterday, so met up with a few friends for sangria and apps, then went into night job to help out for a few hours, then went and saw "Bad Teacher" with my cousin. Suuuuuper funny (but messed up humor, so it may not be for everyone). Bonus, between all the walking back and forth, I ended up walking 3 miles total yesterday. Nice! I am also off until Monday, so I am taking it easy at home today, and going out tonight with some friends. Tomorrow when I get up (after taking my starting challenge weight pic!), I'll go to my mom's house, and spend the day in the pool and relaxing. BBQ there on Monday, then back home to start the new week. Can't forget my crazy impulsive decision to go to London for 2 days in a few weeks - I am really excited about that - I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, have fun this weekend! :)

    And good luck in the challenge! ...even though we arrrre competing against each other, I'm sure we can keep it friendly. =P (jokes, jokes!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll do great on the challenge! We'll all be here to push each other. That's exciting about your trip to London! Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete